WHV Press Release: JFK 50 Year Commemorative Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-Ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Wow...some of you couldn't resist throwing in your own political views
    that you should know by now are not welcomed here.

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    Nowadays we have satellites beaming information worldwide in seconds, we have the internet, back then receiving the latest news was much slower, you could potentially contain things and cover ups have happened throughout history.

3. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    There was absolutely nothing political about these discussions. We were talking about the plot of a movie versus the reality of a crime, and how much we invest in conspiracy theories. Someone else got a little paranoid here.

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^ I'm not trying to speak for Ron but I think 'controversial' might have been a better word to use than 'political'. Like religion and politics, the JFK assassination is a topic that can quickly degenerate into arguing so it's probably best to avoid it all together.

5. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Controversial, I'll go for, but there was no politics involved. And I do remember there was one thread that went on forever with the back and forth on the controversy. But I did want to point out that CNN aired a great 2-hour documentary on the assassination a couple weeks ago, with many contributors, including common sense prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi and the original conspiracy theorist, Mark Lane. You could still walk away with what you want.

And it's relevant here because the last BD edition of JFK that I picked up is the one that also included segments from Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States. I just found it interesting that the content of that series was a lot less controversial or contestable than the content he included in JFK itself. Methinks Showtime, which originally aired the season, had tougher standards for facts.

TravisR likes this.
  6. Jari K

Jari K Producer

"That is a great interview. Absolutely agree with him about political correctness, Mel Gibson and double standards."Fully agree. It's great that at least some actors tell it like it is. And I'm talking about Oldman.I've always liked JFK. I mean at the end of the day it's just a movie. With some truth, history and plenty of speculation.

7. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm