WHV Press Release: Fastlane: The Complete Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    GEAR UP AS WARNER HOME VIDEO RELEASES…

FASTLANE: THE COMPLETE SERIES

The Emmy® Award Winning Series for Outstanding Stunt Coordination Explodes onto the Screen, Kicking Television into Overdrive and Redefining Cool for a New Generation!

Racing onto DVD July 8, 2008

BURBANK, CA (March 26, 2008) – From cutting-edge director McG (Charlie's Angels) and acclaimed writer John McNamara ("The Fugitive”), comes Fastlane: The Complete Series, being released on DVD from Warner Home Video on July 8, 2008. Fastlane: The Complete Series is a 6-disc collector’s set that contains all 22 episodes, plus never-before-seen footage from the original pilot. This high octane series also contains a full tank of special features, including four brand-new featurettes featuring cast and crew, a gag reel, and unaired scenes. The series stars Peter Facinelli (Six Feet Under), Bill Bellamy (Any Given Sunday), and Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell, Beverly Hills 90210) and features popular guest stars including Jaime Pressley, Kurt “Big Boy” Alexander, Jay Mohr, Jenny McCarthy, Mischa Barton, and Naomi Campbell. The DVD is priced to own at $59.98 SRP.

To take down the most dangerous crime rings in Los Angeles, two undercover detectives borrow from "The Candy Store," a warehouse filled with dazzling valuables impounded by the police -- sports cars, designer clothes, jewelry, guns and cash. It's a dream come true for these driven, young cops, a former Orange County surfer (Peter Facinelli) and a street-smart New York native (Bill Bellamy). Fasten your seatbelts and hold on--from the speedway to the beach, the action never stops in the Fastlane.

Fastlane: The Complete Series DVD Special Features Include:
    · Fastlane: Road Kill – Unaired and Extended Scenes from the Original Pilot
    · Hot Stuff: Inside the Candy Store – Evolution of a Series
    · Stunning Rides – Muscle Machines and Kit Cars
    · Smoking Stars – The Cast
    · Sizzling Action: Stunts and Chases
    · Fastlane: Junk Yard – Outtakes and Bloopers

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, that's random, unless someone has something big coming out in July. But, hey, if Warner's releasing random John McNamara shows, maybe there's a chance for Eyes and/or Spy Game showing up sometime.

3. CoreyII

CoreyII Second Unit

Hi Ron,

Please correct if I'm wrong, but the Suggested Retail Price, isn't necessarily the price that this box set will be sold at? I thought this series was really fun and I wouldn't mind owning it, but not at $60.00 dollars.

I'm hoping this series will be sold at somewhere around $30.00 dollars.

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, $60 is just the MSRP so, unless you're buying it at a mall, you should be able to get for about $45 or $40.

5. CoreyII

CoreyII Second Unit

Thanks for the reply, Travis.

6. Bonedwarf

Bonedwarf Stunt Coordinator

The series was dumb as a box of hair... And I'll most likely buy it if it's reasonably priced. (As someone else said, $30 seems about right.) Even if I do hate McG for what he's doing to "Spaced".

And I'd love to see "Spy Game" released. That show was terrific. I now have the theme music stuck in my head.

7. BrandonJF

BrandonJF Second Unit

I've been waiting for this for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time. Of course, WB seems to have time warped back to 1997. First, a non-anamorphic release of Birds of Prey and now we're getting a 4x3 "standard" version of Fastlane.

I sure hope that rear box art that is up on tvshowsondvd.com is wrong. Otherwise, this is horrible news.

8. cart99

cart99 Extra

Jeff
    This is horrible news for me. I was psyched to get this and now that the aspect ratio has been announced to be 4:3 I won't bother. I remember this show being broadcast at a 16:9 ratio for high def (or at least Fox Digital Widescreen because I have some of them) - it is beyond me why any show would be released at 4:3 anymore now that widescreen t.v.'s are so popular.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. BrandonJF

BrandonJF Second Unit

Especially when WB used to be so reliable with putting stuff out the way it's supposed to be. I guess there have been some cases here and there (The O.C. Season 1 comes to mind, which was later corrected in the complete series set), but this one really hurts. If there were one show I'd think HAD to be widescreen, it's Fastlane. Every episode I watched was 16:9 and it looked great.

10. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    If it is released 4:3, I will also be disappointed.

I'm hoping it is an error, as it has happened before.

This is wishful thinking, but maybe the "standard format" and the original television exhibition was 16:9. So what would 4:3 be called then? "Past History format"?

11. cart99

cart99 Extra

Jeff
    Hope you are right but I have seen standard and widescreen versions released before and standard was referring to a 4:3 ratio.
    Amazon lists it as 4:3 as well.

12. Jonathan-P

Jonathan-P Auditioning

Wow. I don't know what to say. I've been waiting forever for this to come out on dvd. I've been reading all about it on tvshowsondvd over the last few months and I've been super psyched about getting it.

Now I find out that's all for nothing. I will not be buying a full screen dvd of a widescreen show.

CSI Season One only came out in fullscreen as well.

13. Bonedwarf

Oh good grief, 4:3? Epic fail and no sale then. How disappointing[​IMG]

14. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Hold the phone ...

According to a TV Shows on DVD report for Birds of Prey, they have a back cover scan of the box. It has the same text as Fastlane does: "Standard Version Presented in a format preserving the aspect ratio of its original television exhibition."

"So what?" you might ask. Click on the link they give right at the beginning of the article ("As you know...") and read that the set will be non-anamorphic letterboxed. Maybe Fastlane will be the same?

So in my previous post, my second thought is probably the reason! They air it in letterboxed but it just won't be anamorphically enhanced.

This still is junk news as anamorphic enhancement gives a better-looking picture and widescreen TV owners won't have to "zoom" in and make it look worse.

C'mon WB ... you were the pioneers for DVD and BD ... what's the deal with this? I'm hoping that we'll be pleasantly surprised by a future announcement saying that BOTH sets will be anamorphic widescreen!

Maybe they're pulling a "Fox" who no longer print the word "anamorphic" on any of their titles, even though they are.

15. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Fastlane aired on FOX Widescreen High Resolution in 16:9 format (after FOX went 480p widescreen but before FOX went 720p).

16. Bonedwarf

This is definitely gonna be a no pre-order for me until things are confirmed. Given my widescreen desktop, widescreen laptop etc... Non-anamorphic is a pain in the ass. (I have ONE non-anamorphic disk in my collection, and I'm not about to add any more.)

17. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Finally, here's a review:

DVD Verdict Review - Fastlane: The Complete Series

... and the aspect ratio situation does not look good. "Full Frame" is the term used for 4x3 displays. If you want to get nitpicky, "full frame" for widescreen TV owners could mean 16x9 (1.78:1), but I don't think that's what the reviewer meant.

Here's another one that seems more sure by specifically mentioning the aspect ratio of 1.33:1:

DVD Review: Fastlane: The Complete Series | n:zone

It's a crying shame since it's been a long time since fans have been waiting for it.

18. cart99

cart99 Extra

Jeff
    Thanks for the links. 2.0 Stereo as well - very disappointed.

I'm surprised it's not presented in black and white with a mono only soundtrack.

bummer

19. Bonedwarf

4:3 of a 16:9 produced show.

I feel like I just used a time machine.

Shame. Would have picked this up if it were a little bit cheaper and anamorphic.

Extremely poor decision.

20. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    I asked the DVD Verdict reviewer for the actual aspect ratio and he said it is 4x3.