What's new

WHV Announcement: The Odd Couple and Shane (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
shane.png

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Why is the WB and Paramount logo both on the cover, that could confuse people to think that both studios made these movies.

Isn't that the same or close to it cover from The Centennial Collection for The Odd Couple?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I agree that having both logos on the packaging makes it confusing as to the studio that originally released it.

However, I suppose, it's simply Warner's way of putting their stamp on the product as home video distributor.

I suppose if you look at it as the top logo being the original release studio and the bottom logo being the distributor, then you'll be fine.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
True, but why WB of all people wanting to add more to their overload collection of titles. Paramount, not that bad off that it needs another studio to release it's titles. Paramount's logo should only be on the spine and WB should be on the back.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
WB includes its logo on the spine of many movies they didn't originally release (notably the pre-1986 MGM titles) so I don't know if it'll really cause any more confusion than it already has.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
darkrock17 said:
True, but why WB of all people wanting to add more to their overload collection of titles. Paramount, not that bad off that it needs another studio to release it's titles. Paramount's logo should only be on the spine and WB should be on the back.
As far as I can tell, Paramount simply doesn't want to be in the home video distribution business for catalog titles anymore (sans the exceptions of Spielberg, Indiana Jones, Transformers, etc.)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Brandon Conway said:
As far as I can tell, Paramount simply doesn't want to be in the home video distribution business for catalog titles anymore (sans the exceptions of Spielberg, Indiana Jones, Transformers, etc.)
Sounds like it, but Shout Factory would of been a better distributor. Olive Films has released a lot of Paramount titles, though they san on the special features.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
darkrock17 said:
Sounds like it, but Shout Factory would of been a better distributor. Olive Films has released a lot of Paramount titles, though they san on the special features.
Warner has many platforms they can use that Shout does not have, such as their MOD and streaming programs.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
That Shane cover gets my prize for most boring Blu-ray cover ever. (Sorry, Alan Ladd.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks