What's new

WHV Announcement: Soylent Green (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Wow, that was a surprise. Heston is coming from all directions around Easter, I'm half expecting Ben-Hur to be announced at this rate.

Though I'm a little disappointed the DVD cover art wasn't used. I loved that cover!

Originally Posted by Luisito34

Soylent Green in hi-def? Awesome! But I've never heard of the other two. Are they sci-fi flicks?

No, just movies with Charlton Heston leading them.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Charlton Heston was a man for all seasons.

These titles are most welcome, and the Blu-ray of Richard Fleischer's Soylent Green is most welcome of all.

Now where is Pony Express (1953) and Secret of the Incas (1954) and Number One (1969) and Treasure Island (1991)?

"If you can't learn from history, you can't learn." -- Charlton Heston.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Soylent Green is....on my list to buy. A Heston fan since seeing The Omega Man on a double bill with One Hour to Doomsday, back in the early 70's, yes I am that old, he confessed.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
That Omega Man was one of my first Blu-rays.

Now where's Earthquake?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Soylent Green is.....

coming out on blu-ray!!! Great!

"There's nothing I can do for you furniture - I got nothing to give."

This blu-ray is brought to you by Soylent red and Soylent yellow, high energy vegetable concentrates, and new, delicious, Soylent green. The miracle food of high-energy plankton gathered from the oceans of the world.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
dont belive it , Soylent Green is .......

thought this would take longer to make it to blu, like after the Will Smith remake if it ever would happen, but who would play Edward G Robinsion's role

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by dana martin

thought this would take longer to make it to blu, like after the Will Smith remake if it ever would happen, but who would play Edward G Robinsion's role

Rip Torn. (lol)

Eli Wallach (not lol)

jingjia1989

Auditioning
Real Name
jingia
Coupon Code Ultra DVD Ripper (14.99% Discount, Christmas free trial http://www.vogsoft.com/discount/windows/dvd_software/dvd_ripper/ultra_dvd_ripper-download-79279.html) is powerful DVD ripper, DVD ripping software to rip DVD movie to almost all popular video/audio formats like DVD to AVI, DivX, Xvid, MPEG, WMV, MP4, iPod, PSP, 3GP, MP3 etc. Ultra DVD Ripper can export high quality movies, and the speed of ripping is very fast. It can rip almost all DVD movies in the market even they are CSS, REGION, MACROVISION, SONY ARCCOS protected dvd discs. Similar Discount Product: AnyBizsoft PDF to ePub Converter Discount Coupon (25.01% OFF) Discount Coupon AnyBizsoft PDF to Word Converter (25.01% OFF) Discount Coupon Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac (20.00% OFF) For more discount converter, visit http://www.vogsoft.com

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I wonder what the green-tinted sequences will look like in high definition. The outdoor daytime scenes have always looked soft and blurry on every version of the film I've seen.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Luisito34

I wonder what the green-tinted sequences will look like in high definition. The outdoor daytime scenes have always looked soft and blurry on every version of the film I've seen.

It's intentional, to show how polluted the air is in that world.

Doug

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by ahollis

Rip Torn. (lol)

Eli Wallach (not lol)

[/QUOTE]

i could see Rip Torn in the Joseph Cotten role, and Wallach would be perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks