What's new

WHV Announcement: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Machine Limited Edition Collection (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
That makes sense about captain caveman, because their segements were only like 8 mins long. Scooby doo was about 22 mins long, which would mean there would be two episodes of laff-lympics and then scooby or captain caveman.

i was about 8-9 when the Scooby-doo allstars came out. I bought the V1, Laff-lympics. I will being buy V2 when it comes out in November.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Thanks for the correction on the DVD release of The New Scooby Doo Movies (I don't actually own it for reasons I mention above). I used the excellent Wikipedia entry on the series to get those counts and just incorrectly assumed those episodes released in those two standalone sets hadn't been part of the initial release for the series for some reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Scooby-Doo_Movies#DVD_releases

"although the Josie & the Pussycats exlcusion still perplexes me as they were able to release their own show on dvd."

The don't own the franchise as I'm sure you know (It was based off the Archies Comics series for anyone not aware of it's background). Being a licensed show prevented the characters from appearing in Laff-A-Lympics back in the day (They were slated to be included), and held up DVD releases for the program for several years (Including preventing the episode of this program with them as guest stars from being on this DVD release). The rights issues weren't ironed out and agreements signed until a couple of years after The New Scooby Doo Movies set had been released.

Hopefully it's included as a bonus episode if they ever release Josie & The Pussycats in Outer Space.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Found a list of the "bonus" content on another site, I'll be skipping this one... The Scooby Doo Where Are You! – The Complete Series DVD box set will feature the following bonus materials: -- Featurette: Scooby-Doo's Ultimate Fans -- Funky Fashions -- Scooby-Doo Street -- Music Video: America Loves Scooby-Doo -- Get The Picture: How to Draw Scooby-Doo and the Gang -- Take The Scooby Challenge Trivia

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I can't imagine anyone putting that bonus disc in their DVD player and enjoying themselves.

At least everyone with the two standalone sets that this release is composed of can rest happy that they're not missing out on a thing.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i already have the following:

1. Scooby-Doo Where are You

2. Scooby-Doo and Dynamutt Hour

3. New Scooby-Doo

What i am interested in more are the 8 episodes that air as part of Scooby Doo Allstars.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by younger1968

What i am interested in more are the 8 episodes that air as part of Scooby Doo Allstars.

They are available from iTunes. I'm almost prepared to go that route, although my preference would be to continue collecting the DVD's. If I ever found some bumpers, I think i'd take on the task of reassembling some version of a cartoon block show using some software. I'm almost ready to do that with the Archie's and Sabrina/Groovie Goolies too.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by derosa

They are available from iTunes. I'm almost prepared to go that route, although my preference would be to continue collecting the DVD's. If I ever found some bumpers, I think i'd take on the task of reassembling some version of a cartoon block show using some software. I'm almost ready to do that with the Archie's and Sabrina/Groovie Goolies too.

Thanks for info!

I am ok for now, because i have other things to occupy my time. I only watch may be 2hrs of tv a night if i am lucky. I am an outdoor person, so, i try to spend my time outside when it is nice. I have several cartoons, but, i am most interested in a few that are not released. The Scooby-doo ones would just complete the old scooby-doo before Scrappy Doo was introduced. I was in Grade 6 and lost interest in saturday morning cartoon around 1979/1980 time frame. I also was outside playing sports, which took a preference. My dad had a golden rule about weather being nice and for us to be outside. So, I was playing sports like soccer, football, hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.

1970s were big for cartoons that is why i was so surprised they released 1980s saturday morning cartoons, because i think around 1982 or so they died off.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The 8 cartoons (Along with the other two seasons of The Scooby Doo Show and the two seasons of Scooby Doo Where Are You) are also available for purchase through the Playstation Network and Xbox Live for anyone that owns those two consoles.

The only exception is a season 1 episode of The Scooby Doo Show/The Scooby Doo & Dynomutt Hour titled A Bum Steer for Scooby. It's missing on Xbox Live due to someone not being careful as they uploaded things (It is available on the Playstation Network though).

The 8 season 2 cartoons are also on Amazon's video on demand service for $1.99 per episode or $24.99 for all of seasons 1 & 2 of the Scooby Doo Show together (Incorrectly listed as season 1 of Scooby Doo Where Are You with the third season of the Scooby Doo Show being available as season three of Scooby Doo Where Are You).

Oddly enough though, the real seasons 1 & 2 of Scooby Doo Where Are You aren't on Amazon despite the entire run of the Scooby Doo Show being available and lots of later Scooby Doo series on their video on demand service. Not that anyone here would be interested in that with the DVD releases available, but it's puzzling just the same.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Originally Posted by derosa Found a list of the "bonus" content on another site, I'll be skipping this one... The Scooby Doo Where Are You! – The Complete Series DVD box set will feature the following bonus materials: -- Featurette: Scooby-Doo's Ultimate Fans -- Funky Fashions -- Scooby-Doo Street -- Music Video: America Loves Scooby-Doo -- Get The Picture: How to Draw Scooby-Doo and the Gang -- Take The Scooby Challenge Trivia
Thanks for the information on the bonus disc; it really helped me make a decision about buying this or not. I was big fan of the Scooby Doo Where Are You! series as a kid and was contempalting buying this set for my own kids. However, a rather bland bonus disc plus the likelihood of the dics being in cardboard sleeves (and the risk that entails) have convinced me not to. I think I will just purchase the following: 1. Scooby Doo, Where Are You! The Complete First and Second Seasons 2. Scooby Doo, Where Are You! The Complete Third Season 3. The Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour The Complete Series and just hope that Warner Home Video releases the missing 8 episodes referred to in other posts in this thread on DVD in some type of configuration. Darby

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I just wish that they drop the official show titles for the post Where are you 1&2 and New Scooby Doo Movies season and round them all up in a collection of complete 70s Scooby and Scooby shows only, not other shows which should be separate.

Or since I bought all of the 70s stuff released, put out the missing episodes. Fortunately one of the episodes was released on one of the single disc collections that came out early in the 2000s (before season sets came out).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
it is nice the studio has released this package. However, i will not be purchasing this set, because i already own most the shows from different dvd releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks