What's new

WHV Announcement: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and True Romance (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
True Romance will go on my shelf. Robin Hood will most definitely NOT. I look forward to Dances With Wolves (though I really hope they include the theatrical cut as a branching option) but Robin Hood had way too many things that jarred me out of the movie for me to rewatch it (and I've never seen the extended version--that tongue thing would just add to my displeasure).

dannyboy104

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david
I used to really like "True Romance" in the laserdisc days,but its not one I will purchase on Blu-Ray.The only scene that sticks with me is the classic one with Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walkin.
With the mention of "Dances with Wolves",I have the German edition which is the director's cut and it looks superb,although its region locked to B.The crazy thing is that I need to keep my original region 1 DVD for the original cut,the recent R1 DVD for the extra's and the German disc for visual and audio presentation.

"Robin hood" should have both versions(like Dances,JFK should as well)as the shorter cut is my preferred choice. I can remember seeing "Robin hood" being shot at Shepperton Studio's late 1989/90,and the vast sets involved,seems a long time ago.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

By far, one of the most quintessential scenes in American film history.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

That scene alone is worth purchasing the Blu-Ray for, but I love the rest of the flick as well. Brad Pitt on the couch is priceless. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks