What's new

WHV Announcement: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and True Romance (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
logos_truerobin.jpg

MatS

Screenwriter
catalog titles (decent ones at that) are now rolling out at a nice pace

too nice for my wallet at current prices though

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Robin Hood all the way!!!!!! Now bring on Dances With Wolves, Field of Dreams, and Bull Durham and my Classic Costner collection will be complete!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One thing that Blu-ray doesn't seem to be improving on.......ugly, unimaginative cover art.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Where is the theatrical of Robin Hood? The extended edition sucks. The filmakers made an inexcusable editing mistake in putting back in all this deleted footage. Two of the major scenes they put back into Robin Hood had to do with the Sheriff of Nottingham cutting out his scribe's tongue, the first when he gets a knife to do it, and the second is a long scene in which the scribe has to write down every question now because he can't speak (because his tongue has been cut out!). Fine, but then near the end of the movie, when Robin and Azeem are sword fighting their way into the castle, Robin grabs the scribe and puts his sword to his neck and asks him where the maid Marion is. The scribe then VERBALLY responds "Up the stairs, that way!" This final scene was in the original cut and stayed in the extended DVD version, but it makes no sense given the inclusion of the extended scenes in which the scribe's tongue was cut out! This is an inexcuseably horrible editing mistake. I listened to both the commentaries on the DVD to see if anybody noticed this problem or addressed it, and their is no comment about this. Now come on guys, next time when you want to add more footage in, make sure it logically flows into the rest of the original movie! The theatrical edition is my wifes favorite movie but we wont be buying this unless also contains the theatrical release. We are really bummed.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
what? no theactrical cut for robin hood? sorry warner... i skip this one unless you release the t.c. too.

Samcor

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Cockayne
I agree, my preference is for the theatrical version. The extended edition tarnished my enjoyment of the film so much that I was almost considering buying the original prince of thieves dvd that was a flipper with an even worse transfer. At least it was the theatrical version!!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thank good ness TR is not Paramount. Otherwise we'd have the original theatrical version of TR first....

;)

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to True Romance (one of my favourite films).I did notice that it says under the cover that the art is subject to change.I wish they could use the original poster art,I don't think any release has used it.

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to True Romance (one of my favourite films).I did notice that it says under the cover that the art is subject to change.I wish they could use the original poster art,I don't think any release has used it.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Excellent. True Romance for sure.

I've cooled down on Robin Hood POT over the years. I liked it much more then than I do now.

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
True Romance!?!? Wooooooooooooooooow, I am so happy right now. This is one of my top 5 favs.

Warner better not screw up the video though. hehehe

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
both robin hood and dances with wolves will be on HDnetmovies.com
march 7th, 2009
a kevin costner double feature.

Jacob

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Closed Captions - New for March!
Rating: PG-13
Year: 1991
Cast:Kevin Costner, Morgan Freeman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio
Director: Kevin Reynolds
Synopsis: Robin Hood returns from the Crusades to find his father murdered and his city under the rule of a maniacal sheriff. With the help of his merry men, Robin becomes an outlaw in order to set things right.
Run Time: 2:23
Air Dates:Sat, Mar 7th - 9:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM PT
Sun, Mar 8th - 4:30 AM ET / 12:30 AM PT

Dances With Wolves - Closed Captions
Rating: PG-13
Year: 1990
Cast:Kevin Costner, Mary McDonnell, Graham Greene
Director: Kevin Costner
Synopsis: Academy Award winning film about a young Civil War soldier assigned to an isolated army post out west where he becomes intimately involved with a Lakota Sioux tribe, eventually becoming a member.
Run Time: 3:54
Air Dates:Sat, Mar 7th - 5:00 PM ET / 2:00 PM PT
Sat, Mar 7th - 11:30 PM ET / 8:30 PM PT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks