What's new

WHV Announcement: Person of Interest The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
0a58f548_poifirst.jpeg

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/321363/whv-announcement-person-of-interest-the-complete-first-season-blu-ray-dvd#post_3935924
How great this is coming out on Blu-ray! I am VERY happy they made this decision.
Agreed. The lack of Blu-ray releases is my biggest reason for not buying new TV releases. I'd much rather just keep the HD versions on my DVR (Windows Media Center with several terabytes of storage) than buy a SD copy on DVD. I will be picking this up on Blu-ray.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Warner Bros. has a more reliable track record of releasing shows on Blu than any other studio. Fox looked it was jumping in with both feet, but went back to DVD only for most shows after one season. It's frustrating when the home video edition you're paying for provides an inferior picture to the free OTA broadcast.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It's frustrating when the home video edition you're paying for provides an inferior picture to the free OTA broadcast.
Easily the single biggest reason why I do not purchase more television on pre-recorded media. I will not purchase an SD version of something I viewed in HD.
- Walter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Winner of the 2012 People’s Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama

PERSON OF INTEREST: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

STARRING JIM CAVIEZEL, MICHAEL EMERSON AND TARAJI P. HENSON

SET FOR RELEASE ON DVD & BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK

SEPTEMBER 4, 2012

Featuring All 23 Episodes from the Show’s Premiere Season

Plus Enhanced Content – Including Never-Before-Seen Extended Pilot Episode

BURBANK, CA (June 12, 2012) – What if you could prevent a violent crime from happening before it ever occurred? That’s the underlying premise of Person of Interest, one of television’s most compelling, action-packed crime dramas, set to make its debut on DVD September 4, 2012 from Warner Home Video (WHV). Person of Interest: The Complete First Season will include 23 one-hour episodes from the show’s thrilling debut season, plus nearly two hours of bonus features – including the original broadcast pilot with producer commentary, an extended (unaired) pilot with producer commentary, a gag reel, and the exclusive featurette Living in an Age of Surveillance. Person of Interest: The Complete First Season will be sold in a Blu-ray™ Combo Pack (includes the Blu-ray™ and standard DVD editions of the release, plus UltraVioletTM digital copy), which will retail for $69.97 SRP and on standard DVD, which will retail for $59.98 SRP.

Winner of this year’s People’s Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama, Person of Interest stars film and television actor Jim Caviezel (The Thin Red Line, The Prisoner) as John Reese, a former CIA agent, who teams up with reclusive billionaire and computer genius Harold Finch, portrayed by the Emmy Award®-winning Michael Emerson (Lost).

Secretly tapping into the U.S. Government’s all-seeing, pattern-recognition software – “The Machine” developed by Finch to identify impending acts of terrorism – Reese and Finch hone in on an ordinary “person of interest” who will soon be involved in a violent crime. Using state-of-the-art technology and vigilante tactics, Reese and Finch set out to solve the mystery of the impending crime…before it happens.

Person of Interest also stars Academy Award®-nominated actress Taraji P. Henson (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and Kevin Chapman (Rescue Me) as NYPD Detectives Joss Carter and Lionel Fusco. Created by Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight), the action series is executive-produced by J.J. Abrams (Fringe, Lost), Nolan, Greg

Plageman (Cold Case) and Bryan Burk (Fringe, Lost). Person of Interest is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Bad Robot productions and Warner Bros. Television. Recently renewed for a second season which will debut this fall on CBS (Thursdays at 9/8c), the series was the most-watched new show of the 2011–12 television season, averaging more than 14 million viewers per episode.*

“With its stellar cast, unique premise and compelling story lines, Person of Interest is an action-packed drama that keeps viewers on the edge of their seats,” said Rosemary Markson, WHV Senior Vice President, TV and Special Interest Marketing. She added, “We are thrilled to bring this unique new series to fans in the ultimate home entertainment package – Blu-ray® Combo Pack. Giving consumers more ways to watch at an outstanding value, this edition includes all 23 episodes on both Blu-ray® and DVD discs as well as UltraViolet for digital download and instant streaming!”

The UltraViolet™ Digital Copy allows consumers to instantly stream and download all 23 episodes from The Cloud for viewing on computers and compatible iOS and Android devices.**

DVD Special Features Include:

Ø Original Broadcast Pilot Commentary

Ø Extended Pilot Episode (Unaired) with Producer Commentary

Ø Featurette: Living in an Age of Surveillance

Ø Gag reel

23 ONE-HOUR EPISODES

1. Pilot

2. Ghosts

3. Mission Creep

4. Cura Te Ipsum

5. Judgment

6. The Fix

7. Witness

8. Foe

9. Get Carter

10. Number Crunch

11. Super

12. Legacy

13. Root Cause

14. Wolf and Cub

15. Blue Code

16. Risk

17. Baby Blue

18. Identity Crisis

19. Flesh and Blood

20. Matsya Nyaya

21. Many Happy Returns

22. No Good Deed

23. Firewall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks