What's new

WHV Announcement: A Christmas Story 2 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
f953f382_xmasstory2.jpeg

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
The official sequel is called either "It Runs In The Family" or "My Summer Story".
Same author and director, but the length of time required a new cast. It's as good as the original film in my eyes.
This thing is just... wrong

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Caught it in HDNET movies a couple years ago. It's a good movie and for me just as good as the first one, but to add to that I don't have the love for that first one as so many people do.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
TonyD said:
Caught it in HDNET movies a couple years ago. It's a good movie and for me just as good as the first one, but to add to that I don't have the love for that first one as so many people do.
It's hard to find, unfortunately. I think when people actually see it they really enjoy it though.
IT'S A GYPSY TOP!

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
One can only hope that those responsible for this will be stricken blind through...soap poisoning!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/322940/whv-announcement-a-christmas-story-2-blu-ray#post_3960849
The official sequel is called either "It Runs In The Family" or "My Summer Story".
Same author and director, but the length of time required a new cast. It's as good as the original film in my eyes.
This thing is just... wrong

I was just about to mention that; I thought it had been totally forgotten. It's been years since I saw it, but I'd be more interested in seeing that again instead of this, which just looks like a Disney-Direct-to-Video-style cash-in.

I'd rather have a remastered version of the original. The version out now could be improved..it has the evidence of an old master with thin white lines bordering each side of the picture.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
First they tried Christmas Vacation 2 and now this? I'll hold final judgment until its finally out, but I don't have high expectations......

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I've often joked with friends about a really bad sequel to ACS. I'm not laughing now.
Funny this is coming out around the same time as "Death Valley", which is like Ralphie's desert vacation from a twisted point of view. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm not going to pretend this movie is anything great but it is certainly worth a look And if you can get it for under $10 it would be a good pick up.
It's not that bad as far as follow ups to iconic movies go.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Being a fan of the original I had high hopes for this one. It was O.K. but it could have been much better. The actor who played ralphie was too 'over the top" goody goody for the role. I really hoped to see the bully Scut Farkis up to his old tricks and ralphie besting him one more time ala "Karate Kid". That would have been a great ending. And Daniel Stern gets an "E" for effort but there is really only one "Old Man". I can't picture anyone but Darren McGavin in the role. Hard shoes to fill. Also why could'nt they get Melinda Dillon for a "cameo", maybe as a grandmother or the aunt who made Ralphie that bunny suit. Lots of chances missed by the writers. 3 of 5 stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks