What's new

WHV Announcement: 10 New Blu-ray Titles coming April 2009 (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Meh. I'd consider 2010: The Year We Make Contact, American History X, and The Wedding Singer, but my decision to buy will be predicated on AV quality (especially in the case of the two former New Line titles) and price.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Wedding Singer if I can get it for under $15. But that's the only one from that list that I'd like to buy.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Yeah I was thinking how cool it would be to have Blu ray titles for After Hours, KLUTE, All the President's Men, NETWORK, Where Eagles Dare, Who's Afriad of Virginia Woolf and even some guilty pleasures like Drop Dead Gorgeous... It will be interesting to see how these releases look and sound thru quality control.

Who knows maybe we will see other titles like BLOW UP and PERFORMANCE later on. One can dream I guess

John H Ross

Screenwriter
I suppose it's silly of me to expect that these will default to the HD audio track (if there is one...)?

I'd defo be interested in Tango & Cash and 2010

Greg_M

Screenwriter
And these are going to look how much better in High Def - ????? Where are the true classics?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Disregarding the fact that anything shot on film has a near-100% chance of looking better than DVD due to the nature of the "resolution" of 35+mm, theast time I checked, true classics were still being announced. Unless somehow we've fallen into some alternate universe where this is the only Warner announcement of any significance from the last month or so, or for the foreseeable future.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Presumably this batch of titles is not aimed at our demographic - but at all the Joe Sixpacks who will presumably get a Blu-ray player for Christmas. Average Joe doesn't want Badlands, Barry Lyndon or even Doctor Zhivago.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I think it's cool that Warner is getting some of their catalogue titles out. Personally I'm in for a few of those.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I've been wondering if Final Destination would be on Warner's list of priorities. Good to see at least the original on WB's radar. I'll probably get that, Wedding Singer and American History X.

John Skoda

Second Unit
THESE are coming, but still no date for the blu GIGI or AMERICAN IN PARIS? WB has really lost it for me.

Chris Joyner

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad to be finally getting "Tango and Cash" as anamorphic. I've been waiting for that since I got a widescreen TV seven years ago

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
To reiterate the point I made at another forum: It's really annoying that you guys are entering freakout mode over this press release for a couple titles 4 months away. Warner's not going to tie their announcements of big classic titles like Ben-Hur, Gigi, or American in Paris to brainless Steven Segal and Governator releases. They've announced that those classics coming in 2009, and Warner hasn't even finished announcing February and March titles yet.

Put down the pitchforks, please.

John Skoda

Second Unit
Sorry about the whining, but these two titles are especially annoying. The new versions have been out on SD for a while. Both blus are done. They're out overseas now, and being reviewed as imports, and still no U.S. release even announced.

I think these two titles will be the next ones I purchase from WB. If they want to delay them further, fine, I'll keep my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks