What's new

Whose Your Favorite Developer? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I honestly don't remember all of the ones on Taris. One guy would be headless if I had on a neural band, where he was I don't remember. Mostly they were lockups from hitting start and changing things quickly

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Hey Commander Keen kicked ass too!...Oh my I just dated myself didn't I.

If I had to pick out one out simply based on released games it would be Capcom, hands down for me. I'd give the runner up to Bioware seeing that they are local and I know a lot of them ;)

Kevin-M

Agent
My all time fave is probably Lucasarts. Despite the fact that they do release their fare share of crap these days, they still manage to pump out some great stuff now and then. Combine that with their past glory and they've got a place in my heart.

Can't wait for Bioware's/Lucasarts' KOTOR on the computer, which will have all the current bugs ironed out for the PC release. Thanks for beta-testing X-Boxers!

David Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Treasure, for creating Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Yu Yu Hakusho[fighting game], Alien Soldier, and more recently Ikaruga. Tons of great shooters. Also SNK is another favorite.

paul h

Supporting Actor
In recent times Bungie as Halo just blew me away and im hoping the same happens with Halo2.. also Valve for Half Life. Going back a bit i have fond memories of Psygnosis especially for the Wipeout games and G-Police. Going way way back i remember Hewson for Uridium, Paradroid and others.. then there's Sensible Software for the hours i spent playing Sensible Soccer, Wizball, Megalomania and Cannon Fodder. Though i think my all time fave developer is the Bitmap Brothers for classics like Chaos Engine, Xenon2, Speedball2 and Gods.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Going back a bit i have fond memories of Psygnosis especially for the Wipeout games and G-Police.
Perfect example of what I was hinting at with my Rockstar North remark... Two games from two completely different development studios, labelled together by the publisher :) Wasn't the original question about developer, not publisher? Fav developer to me means "team"/studio rather than large global publisher. Sure, it's not always cut & dried, but still, give the team guys some recognition :)

It's the difference between Rockstar North/Rockstar, AM2/Sega etc.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I miss the old Bullfrog days. :frowning:

Molyneux and Co. used to really crank out some killer stuff! Nothing like Populous, Power Monger, Dungeon Keeper, Populous II, Dungeon Keeper II, ect.

Then...EA happened, then Pete got tired of being a corporate "tie", then he bailed...

Lion Head's, Black-n-White, while cool...never really captured me like his older stuff.

Old Psynosis is another one. Shadow of the Beast, Infestation, Hired Guns...man, that stuff really takes me back to the heyday of the Amiga!!!!

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Back in the days of NES I would have said Enix. In the days of SNES I would have said SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE! Since the current batch of ridiculously easy RPGs from Squaresoft *cough FFX cough*, I would have to say Bioware, for not dumbing down content, and knowing how to make great RPGs.

Koei does deserve a lot of credit for translating games on very iffy sales (Romance of the Three Kingdoms in particular), although, I haven't really played one since ROTTK4. KOEI definitely used to be the king of hardcore strategy games :)

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, the golden age of console RPGs... For me, first there was Dragon Warrior...then Final Fantasy, then Dragon Warrior IV, then Final Fantasy III(a.k.a. VI)... and then I was dissappointed by the likes Phantasy Star IV, Sword of Vermillian, 7th Saga, and Final Fantasy VII. My latest RPGs have been Baldur's Gate, Deux Ex, and now KOTOR. Very different experience.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Why does everyone like Square so much? They make one game that becomes a huge success and re-hash it over and over again. Final Fantasy is probably the most overrated game franchise of all time. Square's best games are probably Chocoboco Racing, the Bushido Blade series, and Driving Emotion Type-S. Square should just give up Final Fantasy and RPGs in general. Try something different, for a change.

Sorry if I make any of you mad, but that is just what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks