What's new

Whose Buying XP Today? (1 Viewer)

I can understand the reason for upgrading from a 9x/ME os to XP, but I've yet to be convinced that there's any benefit in going from Win2000 Pro to XP Pro.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. The only real reason to upgrade to XP would be the compatibility. XP is much more compatible with legacy and DOS apps than Win2k. But if all your software and hardware already works, then the upgrade simply isn't worth it.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I bought a new computer (Sony P4 1.8 MHZ VAIO Digital Studios RX580 w/ DVD-RW) today with XP Home Edition Pre-Installed.
So far I like it - but I have yet to try to install any games or programs on it just yet.
I can't wait to try out that DVD burner either! :)
------------------
I WAS DRUGGED AND LEFT FOR DEAD IN NEW MEXICO AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID T-SHIRT
Link Removed
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm upgrading from 2000 Professional to XP Professional. The main reason I'm doing this is GAMES. 2000 had difficulties with many of my games, but XP supports most of them, either natively or through it's legacy emulation. I also do a lot of software and Internet development, so I need an OS that won't crash on me, which led me to XP. 2000 was stable, but XP has better overall support.
biggrin.gif

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I got it 2 days ago, thurs., by default with a Sony VAIO and so far it's been annoying and problematic! Either I can't reinstall stuff I need...or can not run stuff that's new and is not XP ready.
Example: My LinkSys wireless network stuff is non-XP as well as the Verizon software for DSL. I have lost use of my Zip Drive, Digicam software, and a few other items.
So for me..PAIN IN THE ASS!
------------------
"Hey mr. taliban, tally up me bombers...
Daylight come, we blow up your home"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks