What's new

Who's using the free pull down 76" screen with the Infocus 4805? (1 Viewer)

Frank_D

Agent
And what do you think of it?

I just got the 4805 and was wondering if I am going to want to wait for the free screen which is a mail in rebate so it could take about 6 to 8 weeks or go with something else.

The two things I wonder about are it being to small (sitting about 12ft away) and the quality of a pulldown (edges wrinkling up)

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they got it free. But I installed about 3 weeks ago now a 4805 and a 76" Pull Down screen. Seemed really good to me, it was a living room enviroment, basic close-able blinds for the windows is the only light control they use. Seems pretty good, they are using it has their only display.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
I got the Costco deal at the end of January. I have the free pull-down screen and I love it. I didn't have to waste my time building my own screen. I sit about 10 feet away and I think it look terrific. I couldn't be happier. I have my setup in a condo with no light control (yet) on the 3 living room windows. Sure during the day the picture may be a little washed out, but at night it looks lovely. Once I can get my hands on a digital camera I'll be posting pictures.

Good luck,
Paul

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I didn't wait for my rebate screen. I built a 91" screen with blackout cloth for under $70.00. After I received my rebate, I hung the rebate screen over 1/2 of my DIY screen and compared the picture quality. I was afraid that the quality of a "real" screen would make me unhappy with my DIY and I would end up spending hundreds of dollars on a 91" "real " screen. I watched Terminator 3 on both screens at the same time & I couldn't tell the difference. My DIY screen doesn't have any wrinkles. The other thing with pull-down screens, is they might move if your heat/air vents will blow on it. I did think that it is a little silly Infocus would wait 6-8 weeks to allow their customers to fully enjoy their projectors waiting for a screen.
My seating is about 13' from the screen -Basement Theater and the 91" size is perfect. I would definitely recommend calibrating your 4805 once you set it up. It made a big improvement with mine.:)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Like Paul, I too got the Costco deal in Jan. I was actually suprised by the quality of the screen. It is all metal and the screen material is surrounded by an inch and a half black border around the bottom and sides. The top does not have the border......the only negative about it. I use mine about twice a week for movies and it stays rolled up the rest of the time. After almost 2 months I have no wrinkles or waves.....knock on wood....yet and it has performed above my expectations. Yes eventually it will get waves like all pull downs (almost) but by then I will have made my own screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks