Who's got Surround Sound in their auto's?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Wes, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Just wondering if it's a reality with anyone yet, I do not have it but I would love to hear some of my dts discs in my new truck. I have been out of car audio for nearly a decade so I'm not up to speed on things!
    Is Fosgate still the only one making PLII decoders for car audio?

Wes

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I've seen DTS and DD decoder for cars. It's really easy to get higher end head unit with it build in, but look for a cheap DVD player that has it built in and save $600.

I remember when I was into this(around 1990) and spent some time looking for PL or even just surround decoders and everybody thought Iwas crazy!!

Brent

3. James Mudler

James Mudler Stunt Coordinator

I did a old Lexicon processor in my Expedition a few years ago. It was a fun little project.

4. Roger Dressler

Roger Dressler Stunt Coordinator

I just installed the Alpine PXA-H700 surround decoder mated with the CDA-9805 head unit in my '91 Maxima this week. Tore out the ailing Bose gear, replaced all the speaker drivers, added L/R tweeters atop the front doors, added a 4" 2-way Rockford unit in the dash top for center, and 8x 60W of Sony xPlode power and an Infinity 200W powered sub in the trunk. So far all I have are 2-ch sources running with Pro Logic II, but the decoder is ready for a DVD changer, as it also decodes Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS.

It all went in without a hitch--and no sign of alternator whine of any kind. Result, a great spatial impression, good front vocal focus, clear clean sound with some punch. And I've only just started the EQ/timing tweaking.

5. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Nice Roger!!