What's new

Who's flying in the next couple of days? (1 Viewer)

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
I flew BOS-DFW on friday night. No problem. The security was tight, but the only thing I found exceptional was the cops with HUGE guns in the airport. There are tons of cops, and then there are the ones walking around with assault rifles on their shoulders as well as huge handguns on their hips and other weapons around their waists. These guys are packing some serious heat.
eek.gif

------------------
Dustin A. Davis '94
Dustin Davis for Dummies : My HT : Link Removed
"But they are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso on computers

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The way the security is treating normal folks. I'm not sure anyone should fly. I just had a voicemail from my brother. He saw my dad on TV from the indianapolis airport after security shredded (his words) through his luggage. Seeing as how its 1:30am I won't be able to find out what actually happened till tomorrow.
The FAA is a joke. The heads of it should resign and someone who actually knows what they are doing should take the job. I'm looking at it as a business. Who's business is not only to monitor and set rules for air travel, but also insure the safety of those participating...so far they are still failing. With the state of airline security still really bad, I wouldn't fly and I wouldn't want anyone I care about to fly.
What happened to my dad's luggage is that they have a small pump for an air mattress that they packed in a checkin back along with the mattress. The baggage people and security cut (yes cut, popped the lock and cut the bag) the bag open to search it. Then when it showed up at their destination on the baggage claim it had clothes hanging out of it as it came off the plane. There is no excuse for this. It just further proves how little these people care about their jobs and why security is so crappy still. I'm all for searching bags, but this is ridiculous.
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Link Removed
[Edited last by MikeAlletto on September 22, 2001 at 01:53 PM]

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
I just flew back from my vacation (I had been in Thailand for the last 3 weeks during all the activities). I got to go through airport security in Bangkok, Singapore, Taipei, and LAX. Bangkok was pretty standard (they X-rayed checked bags before checking them and put security straps on them. They also wouldn't check my bags through to the US, I to recheck them at Singapore. My hand carries were X-rayed at the gate entrance). In Singapore they handsearched my checked bags then security strapped them (my handcarried items were again X-rayed at the gate). In Taipei, they X-rayed and hand searched my carry ons (they also patted down each passenger while using the hand held metal detector before allowing us into the gate area). In the US I had to show ID to enter the gate areas and I saw an increased number of security personnal, but no other major things. I really didn't have any missgivings about flying although I think further improvements to the US security might be warrented.
Cheers,
Kenneth

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My family and I are flying to from Raleigh NC to San Jose CA the second week of November for a reunion. We have no qualms at all about flying. If anything, the only change we will make in our flying habits is -- pack light, and only take what we absolutely need for four days....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks