What's new

Wholesalor or distributor? Please help (1 Viewer)

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
My friend just got his lisence and is now able to buy directly from wholesalers and distributers.
Anyone in here know of any huge wholesalers or distributors that he could request catalogs from. Im new to this so i need help from people who have bought from these place before. Thanx

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Jeff,

There are three avenues. Direct from the manufacturer (i.e. Pioneer), through a manufacturers' rep that represents several product lines or through a distributor. Unless your friend has some serious capital and resources to impress manufacturers and reps his best avenue is probably through distributors. You can get good product this way but certainly not the upper tier of product (with a couple of exceptions). He's going to have to show any of these avenues that he has a business to get pricing. Regards.

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
Pardon my first post but he has been doing this for the past year and has a website that was made for him. He only specializes in Car Stereo at the moment but hes letting me in on his business now and he said i could do home stereo but i need to find distributers for him so he can request catalogs. He makes tons of money so he does have capital

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I'm in Canada so I can't be of much, if any, assistance with your main question, but I thought I'd point out that in addtion to finding a distributor, you'll actually have to apply to get authorized as a dealer to purchase most brand-name products. What I mean is that if the distributor distributes Onkyo, you'd have to apply to Onkyo to become a dealer before you'd be able to order that product.

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
i know this already. My friend is an authorized dealer and all he needs to do is apply for thier catalog/list. Hes been doing this for a year or two and has a online store.
I need names of disrtibutors though

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks