What's new

Whoever says TV is better than going to the movies is RIGHT! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Very well. It showed in one theater to a few dozen people. Not really a theatrical run, though. My point still stands :)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I use to watch Cheers, Seinfeld, Friends, E.R., and the occasional other sitcom when I was younger. Up to the last years or so of high school, I kinda grew out of TV. When I graduated, moved out, etc., I nearly completely lost touch with TV. It was only after I bought season 1 of the Sopranos two or so years ago and started getting into the show that I 're-connected' with TV sorta. Now I watch The Shield, Rescue Me, and The Sopranos, with the occasional History Channel special such as a WW2 doc. I'm sure my viewing habits would raise a few eyebrows in those Christian watchdogs orgs.

But they do not compare going to the movies for me.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't agree that TV is better than movies overall...but I would agree that TV is much better than "going to the movies." I'll take anything (be it DVD or TV) on my 64" widescreen in the comfort of my own basement over going to the theater.

Also, I think the surgence of HD has sort of renewed my interest in TV shows...but let's face it...for every 'Arrested Development' and '24'...there's a 'Yes Dear' and 'CSI: Miami'.

There are a lot of great movies out there, it's just that most of the time they're the lower budget and/or Indie flicks, which I'm more than happy to watch on my "small" screen.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

And for every 'Brokeback Mountain' and 'Crash' there is 'Just Friends' and 'Bloodrayne'.

I'm not arguing TV is better than movies but I think your comparison applies equally to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks