Whoa....it's BLUE

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AlanZ, Sep 20, 2005.

1. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Okay, so I'm enjoying some fine HDTV programming on my Hitachi 51" RPTV, and as I'm looking at the picture I'm thinking to myself how dark it looks. I also notice how there seems to be an overemphasis on the color blue in almost every scene. So I check my settings, try recalibrating, turn the tv off and the back on, try another source (DVD), and the picture is STILL dark with a blue emphasis. What da heck?

Thankfully when I puchased this tv in November of 2002, I bought the extended warranty (after much deliberation). They are sending a guy out next week, so hopefully he'll fix the problem...But does anyone have any idea what's up based on this brief description of the symptoms??

2. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

The color temperature may be set to 9300 K, rather than the more usual 6500 K.

3. rob-h

rob-h Second Unit

Are you usibg component inputs with an external hd tuner? Make sure all the cables are tight on both ends.

4. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Yep, I've rechecked all the connections and the settings....the thing is, I hadn't even touched anything and all of a sudden the picture was darker with the blue hue going out of control. It's very weird....I called CC and they are having someone come out on 10/5. It's not so bad that I can't tolerate it until then, I just don't understand what the deal is.

Anyway, thanks for the responses [​IMG]