What's new

who to contact with game ideas?! (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, Over the last few months I've had some really good game ideas that I could see easily implemented in the recently announced sequel to True Crime. I would like to contact the maker of this game to share my ideas in hopes that they will be implemented but I don't know how to contact them or even the best way to contact them with my ideas. Has anyone ever dealt with this type of stuff? How should I contact them? any tips or suggestions? thanks.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

Forget about it. Chances are any improvements/suggestions you have that are realistic have already been thought of by the team, and if they aren't, chances are they aren't allowed to take in suggestions from outside anyway from a legal point of view.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They're not allowed to accept suggestions for games because you could say that they stole ideas from you down the road. If you have a LOT of REALLY GOOD ideas, you might be able to contact the dev team and see if they will offer you a position as a scenario script writer (though it's doubtful).

JoshF

Supporting Actor
From Nintendo:

How can I submit my game idea?

Nintendo has some of the most devoted, enthusiastic fans of any game developer. Each week, we receive hundreds of questions and suggestions about our games and systems. While we would love to use ideas from fans to develop actual products, due to the volume of requests we receive and the resources it would take to process them, we do not accept unsolicited game or product ideas. As a company committed to being on the leading edge of game and hardware development, though, you can be sure that we are constantly at work developing new and exciting product and game ideas.

If you are an avid gamer who's interested in a career in video game design, but maybe you lack some of the programming experience, the DigiPen Institute of Technology might be a great place to start. The DigPen program is an accredited, college-level program that teaches its students how to program and design for today's demanding video game applications. For more details on DigiPen's curriculum, please visit www.digipen.edu.

If you are a Nintendo fan who wants your voice to be heard, the best way to let us know what you like is to enter Nintendo Power magazine's Player's Poll contest. Each month, subscribers can fill out and mail in a Player's Poll card which lists their five favorite games. The results are then tallied and posted in our magazine for all the world (including game developers) to see.

The best way to let other fans know about your idea, or to generate hype about a future game you'd like to see, is to post your ideas to the forums on our site at http://forums.zelda.com. While these forums are geared towards The Legend of Zelda games, the "Open Discussion" forum is a great way to share your thoughts about Nintendo and its products.

Please note: If you represent an established video game developer looking for information on getting your products licensed by Nintendo, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks