What's new

Who or Where do we report bootlegs too? (1 Viewer)

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Seems that Ebay is selling Bootleg copies of the movie House of 1000 Corpses before it even hits the theater. That really isn't fair don't you think.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would alert the studio. Email them the link using the "comments" page on their website (if they have one, Lion's Gate, correct?).

Reporting it directly to Ebay will have no effect.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Uh, yeah. Right.

Joshua: it IS a good thing to report the bootlegs, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :rolleyes

The good thing about eBay is that they at least TRY in most cases to do the right thing. If a seller uses their site as a platform to sell bootlegs, then they will remove that auction if you report it to them. Malcolm's right in that it may not have an effect, since they often have so many reports that it's hard to keep up with. Reporting it tothe studio may help, too...but at least give eBay's reporting a try. It's worked for me several times.

I don't have the ability to provide you with a direct link right now, but eBay has various places that encourage you to report various forms of piracy and other illegal auctions using their "safe harbor" system. Consult their help system for more info.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
The Motion Picture Association of America is the industry watchdog for bootlegs and piracy. A relevant excerpt from its web site:

The MPAA maintains a toll-free anti-piracy Hotline number (1-800-NO-COPYS) in the U.S. for retailers and consumers to call if they suspect piracy. In addition, complaints can be directed to the MPAA email hotline at [email protected].

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all the replies folks. I tried to let E-Bay know, but I couldn't get anywhere that is why I posted here in the first place I figure you guys would know something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks