What's new

who is this person. help needed (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Hey Guys. we have been pulling our hair out here trying to figure out who this guy is. Ok it a Guy whos catch phrase is a Long drawn out YESSSSSSSSSS. or OHOOOOOOOOOOOO in a gravely sort of way. I can picture him with a pencil mustache and slicked back hair.

thanks Guys.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yup. Definitely the Frank Nelson who appeared so frequently on 50s and 60s TV shows like Jack Benny and the various Lucy shows. One of the great character actors and one of those faces and voices you instantly recognize, but often can't put a name to.

Regards,

Joe

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I think there was a bit of a homage to him in one episode of "The Flintstones" as well. It was the one where Fred buys a fancy bowling ball for $100. The merchant does a similar schtick to Fred and Barney.

Or am I reaching here?

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

No, you're not reaching, but it wasn't a homage on The Flintstones...that WAS Frank Nelson; he voiced characters on that show on several occasions. He's also played that same signature "uppity salesman" character (as well as various other characters) on Sanford & Son, among others.

Here's his IMDB listing; it'll probably sparks memories of many more instances in which you've seen or heard him.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0625372/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks