What's new

Blu-ray Review Who Framed Roger Rabbit Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Cameron Yee said:
I always interpreted the "he makes me laugh" as an ironic joke because we have this hypersexualized animated character saying that all she cares about is being with someone who is funny.
This.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You could also change the line by one word to "he makes me happy." To me, that's the subtext of what she is saying. It's just not funny to say happy.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think a more interesting potential double meaning would be that "He makes me laugh" could mean laughing *with* him or laughing *at* him.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's also reflective of those moments when an attractive woman is asked what she looks for in a guy and the first thing she says is "a sense of humor." For most guys this is like getting a bucket of water dumped on our heads, because it doesn't jibe with our understanding of "attractive." The joke is on us for making that assumption women are attracted to similar things, in the same way the joke is on Eddie Valiant for thinking a toon is motivated the same as a human. As she said herself, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Picked this up at Walmart. Called the Disney number and spoke to a very nice lady. They are sending out a prepaid label to send back the DVD and will ship the correct one at no charge. Pretty much hassle free.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Forgive my confusion (or forum ignorance) but what exactly is meant when someone simply replies "This" to a post? I've seen it several times and don't know what message it is supposed to convey.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I shouldn't even joke. I hate all those things. Is there a trendy cool abbreviation for "I hate that"?

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Tino said:
Picked this up at Walmart. Called the Disney number and spoke to a very nice lady. They are sending out a prepaid label to send back the DVD and will ship the correct one at no charge. Pretty much hassle free.
That is the first time I have heard of having to send the disc back in this kind of situation. For instance, with WEST SIDE STORY, I gave the "bad" disc to my Aunt, who loves the film but wouldn't know what color the screen should be during the overture, she just doesn't watch movies that way. Also, the fourth disc in the last season of MARY TYLER MOORE, they didn't want the disc back, just sent the corrected disc in a white sleeve.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I cancelled my order from Amazon and ordered from Best Buy online. Now they say it is back ordered.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Received mine today from The Disney Movie Club. No sticker but sure enough the DVD was the 1.33:1 edition. I understand what happened here. As the DVD is just a repressing of the Vista Series release they mistook Disc 1 (with the full-frame edition) for Disc 2 (with the Widescreen edition). But kudos to Disney for offering an exchange. By the way, Brother Bear presents a similar problem though it may have been intentional. The DVD included in that package is the disc with the modified aspect ratio (1.66:1) instead of the disc with the OAR (2.35:1)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks