What's new

Who else hates the rolling eyes smilie? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thats the one Oliver, although I would prefer that gif from Scanners...
Cool! Steve remembers my controversial old signature pic! People were in an uproar over it, although I will admit that it's pretty unpleasant. :D
Here's a trip down memory lane!
Link Removed

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
It was removed from the Forum recently because some suggested a low post count meant low usefulness. Happily it was reinstated very quickly in response to the protests
Ah, but I think you may have foiled yourself.

I was one who was very much for deleting the area- and instead rolling the content into the standard software area. Coupons are long dead concept, and most people look to the software section for hints on where to buy...

While it would no longer have a "dedicated area"- I would think that the added exposure of BARGAIN HUNTING threads being in the software area would increase the visibility and generate more talk of overlooked bargains. The traffic in the software section is 1000 fold that of the coupon area, which could only help to promote good sales or people looking for specific deals.

However, someone insisted that it needed to be an exclusive area, which is essentially an area that few people read. Granted, it gets its own area (yet another extra line to the endless line of forums)-- but I think it does so at a loss to participation of the general membership.

Just my opinion though: it seems everyone wants their interest as a small, exclusive dedicated forum.

-V

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I like the rolleyes smiley. It's very useful, BUT I try not to use it when commenting on another forum member's writings, only when commenting on things outside the forum.

/Mike

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
I was one who was very much for deleting the area- and instead rolling the content into the standard software area. Coupons are long dead concept, and most people look to the software section for hints on where to buy...
Good idea! However, unless I missed it, that was never communicated on either the Coupons thread or the HTF feedback thread where it was discussed. The only explanation was "I removed Coupons and Bargains as a large number of members suggested that it should be removed due to low postings." Your further explanation would have clarified it. Anyway, no big deal--I'm just happy we have the resource regardless of where it's located.
Sorry, I didn't mean to take this thread off-topic.
Back to the subject at hand: :rolleyes

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Scott, ah yes memories, the old exploding head gif, which consequently gives this thread an R rating, and now Matt Chmiel and NickSo can only view this thread with their parents, bwahahaha [sorry I'm stuck in Evil mode, it will pass].:D
The only scene I can think of that can top that in messiness is that bit at the end of 'The Fury' when John Cassavetes explodes all over the room from 50 different angles, the paramedics needed a bucket and mop to cart him away.
:D

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Oh my god, I am on the floor laughing from that SCANNERS sig! What a great memory that is! And the John Cassavetes thing -- didn't he really die in the scene?! (I remember thinking that when I first saw the movie as a young'un!)

Holy moley what a great sig file! Even slo-mo SFX how-to knowledge doesn't dim the effect of those great effects!

Man, that was great!

MC

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Good idea! However, unless I missed it, that was never communicated on either the Coupons thread or the HTF feedback thread where it was discussed. The only explanation was "I removed Coupons and Bargains as a large number of members suggested that it should be removed due to low postings." Your further explanation would have clarified it. Anyway, no big deal--I'm just happy we have the resource regardless of where it's located.
Sometimes you just have to trust. Every decision in life will not be explained to you- sometimes you have to explore for your own answers.
;)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think it is my favorite smiley of all!
And this post gives me a perfect excuse to use it!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes

Eve T

Supporting Actor
:rolleyes::rolleyes:WHEEEEEEEEEEE! Long live the mighty roll eyes smiley! Death to all those non rude smiley's muahahahahahah!

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
smiley_dizzy.gif

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It's very useful, BUT I try not to use it when commenting on another forum member's writings, only when commenting on things outside the forum.
Yeah it's useful sometimes like as Scott mentioned. But I guess I'm one of the few who dislikes it when it seems to be directed at somebody. For instance, before posting this thread I saw someone use the rolling eyes against another because that person used a word that may be considered politically incorrect. Merely correcting that person without using that smiley would have sufficed. Oh well.
Frank, I do like that one. :)

JerryW

Supporting Actor
I very rarely inflict anyone here on HTF with that smiley. I usually reserve it for discussion regarding those outside the forum, ie. Bose lovers, non-OAR people, J6P in general, and escapees from Audio Asylum who like to brag about their $1,500 digital interconnects... :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks