What's new

Who does this (with their 2 dvd disc sets) (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Heh, I do most of the things John Williamson does. I don't break off the extra "clamps" though; neither do I do what the thread-starter asked, swap discs between flap and main hub.

Speaking of double-thickness cases, my Queen Greatest Hits 2 DVDs came in a double-thickness case, but the cover art was clearly designed for a single-thickness case only -- i.e. the spine didn't line up, and at the back it "ran short". I had to buy a separate case to replace it, then used the "spare" double-case to replace one of the ST:TNG movies, which had those horrible cases where the discs are both on the same side and overlap slightly; bad enough they overlap, but the hubs on those are so strong that I have actually broken disc holes on them (although I think the disc was slightly defective anyway -- fortunately I was able to get the disc replaced).

Dave GR

Stunt Coordinator

It's like you read my mind :b. Never really stopped to think about it, but I follow this procedure with all my discs - except break off the plastic tabs, that is. I find them annoying, but not so much to warrant snapping them off.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Guilty as charged :)

And I also make sure I throw away all the crap flyers they include and just keep the insert for the film (unless its a flyer related to the film)

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
I do this too. :emoji_thumbsup:

I also avidly switch cases around because I like for all of my DVDs to be in shiny new quality cases. I order spare cases to swap with ones with tabs and the big notches where it opens or if any residue on the original left from stickers. Both of those type cases really chap my ass.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I break off the locking tabs now. At first I didn't but I would not notice them the next time. Not unlike pushing on a "Pull" door.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I keep about 10 or 20 extra Amaray single and double cases. I only use Amaray cases...nothing else. So i find myself throwing away most of my cases. Seems only Sony/ Columbia and Paramount use the Amaray with any consistency. I swap the discs on the 2 disc sets by the way.
I hate to see people leave the labels on the top of the DVD case. Worse, i hate when Best Buy has to gouge the case to get them off when i have an exchange, and its an Amaray. :frowning:

Greg Black

Second Unit

Wow, I do exactly everything in this list also. I always make sure my CDs are aligned in their jewel cases too. If the title of the CD is printed at an angle, I align it so the record company information/logos are straight across.

OCD? Nahhhhh. :D

Ilias_Mas

Grip
I actually like the locking tabs. Makes the whole thing more like a ritual... :)

I also hate the "swinging" 2 disc cases, but I don't switch the disks because when I open the case I want the movie disc to be on top... I'm glad I shared this.... :)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't know the switching on a two-disc set was so common. Glad to hear I'm not alone in my... um... "idiosyncrasies"! :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I would never have guessed that so many people did this. I don't because I like to see the main movie when I open the case. The artwork on the main disc is usually the better of the 2, so I prefer seeing the 'better' art when I open the case. LOL - I do the exact same things! Although, I convert all my cases to slims, so #3 doesn't really apply to me, but I am with you ALL the way on #'s 2 & 5! (to a T!) :b :D

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I actually do quite a few of the things mentioned in this thread, but, although I understand the motivation behind it, I don't do the "switch" brought up in the initial post. In those particular cases (!) disc one is placed on the "page" in the middle, which serves as "page one". That's the way it should be left, in my opinion.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Depending on the hub type, I leave disc 1 on the flapper, but turn it around so that the discs are facing each other (yes, I make sure there is no contact between the two). I found that when removing the disc on the flap, this can put pressure on the disc below it. If the hub is unacceptable in how it holds the disc, the entire case is replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks