What's new

Who do you think deserves one of AMPAS' Governor's Awards? (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Since 2010, the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences has held an individual ceremony for their Governor's Awards (The Lifetime Achievement Award, The Thalberg Award and the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award). It's disappointing to see these ceremonies reduced to YouTube clips when the awards used to be a big part of the show, but I'm wondering: Of the 3 Governor's Awards, who would you like to see get one this coming year, or in future years?

Speaking for myself, I think that Roger Moore deserves the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award. He's done a tremendous amount of work for UNICEF over the course of the past few decades...UNICEF defines his charity work the same way the MDA stood for previous Hersholt winner Jerry Lewis. I think that if Moore were to receive a Governor's Award, this would be the one.

As for the standard Lifetime Achievement one, I would recommend Doris Day for it. She's one of the few remaining musical stars from Hollywood's Golden Age, and the musicals she's done are classics in their field. For both Day and Moore, I would recommend they get these awards soon.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Who would you pick?

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
I remember watching last year's Oscars and joking, "Well, I'll never have THOSE nachos again--I must've fallen asleep watching the ceremony, 'cause I remember having this weird dream where Hal Needham got a Lifetime Achievement Oscar, and Jeffrey Katzenberg got the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award...Wouldn't it be crazy if that happened? :P "

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks