What's new

Who do you give the M/C treatment to ? (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
It's true, there are more cables, but I've managed to hide them reasonably well. And it sure beats swapping.

Of course, my case is probably rare. I only use one switchbox with three cables: L/R/SUB. I use my universal for all hi-res. I have the SL/SR/C connected directly to the receiver. However, my dedicated CD player is actually a DVD player with DVD-A capability (how I came to buying this unit for CD playback is a long story I've told elsewhere. I'll post a link and you can read it if you're interested). I don't use it for DVD-A but I can configure it for 2.1 operation with CDs. This keeps my sub active without an additional A/D/A conversion. I've experimented with using the "STEREO" setting on the receiver via digital toslink vs my player's internal BM. I found both sounds to be quite nice (slightly fuller bass with receiver, but wider soundstage imaging with the player and that trumps the slight bass loss). I tested this after level matching the volume output for each setting. It's not that I'm averse to my receiver's A/D/A capabilities (I use the digital BM/TA feature for my multichannel inputs with the universal player so I can get 80hz xover at 12/24 slope--instead of DVD-A at 100hz and SACD at 80hz but with 6/12 slope--and speaker distance settings applied to SACD--not possible within my player), but the switchbox was an inexpensive way for me to tweak and I now have the system working to my satisfaction.

link to how I chose a DVD player for CD duties

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks