Real Name
Alex
Of course they are :D
Let's see your's Seth... oh wait, you don't have a camera yet :D

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Alex and I thought that it would be fun to make our own "white van speakers". He used a tissue box, an audio circuit out of a toy, Mountain Dew bottle and cap, and some aluminum foil.
I used a Brita box, lots of duck tape, Sony dream system multipurpose driver, Pioneer 4'' woofer, empty paper towel roll, extra cardboard, and motherboard signal speaker to make mine. Eventually I will take a picture and submit it to the appropriate area.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I have an idea for a white van speaker company name:
(breath for a moment)
Definitely Technology
Ta-da, now if I can find a way to market my BS company.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
The name "theatre research" came up in another thread-- so I did a little poking around. Turns out that they're also sold under the name 'Canyon Audio'-- and audioholics have reviewed them. A bad review, but nevertheless, a review.
Eventually, some white van speaker company will produce something that's not so fugly. But who am I to argue with aesthetic fads? I still like B&W...

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
JeremyErwin said:
The name "theatre research" came up in another thread-- so I did a little poking around. Turns out that they're also sold under the name 'Canyon Audio'-- and audioholics have reviewed them. A bad review, but nevertheless, a review.
Eventually, some white van speaker company will produce something that's not so fugly. But who am I to argue with aesthetic fads? I still like B&W...
Funny I know what thread you are talking about I think. The poor guy who put down $9000 on a pair, funny, but very sad at the same time. I don't have that much in my entire system, and my system rocks IMO.
So without further ado, I will add Canyon Audio to the list.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Found another on ebay, called Streem. Adding to the list of undesirables.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
cites for what, for the original post, or findings of other white van speaker scams?

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
When refering to white van speaker scams I do mean all companies that sell speakers on ebay for $200 that supposedly retail for thousands of dollars. All the speaker that I have listed have sold speakers under these pretences or sold them out of a van or suv using tactics such as a story about how their boss will be upset or they come off as threatening. Of course they cannot do this on ebay, but you get the idea.
My most recent addition to the list Streem, was selling a speaker that looked exactly the same as another speaker I had seen made by another company for around $50. I though, cannot remember the name of the company that made the speaker.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I have found another: JSD
5 speaker set going for $90 on ebay, looks nice really, but you know it's not.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Brandy S said:
Poor guy.
I really want to tell him the truth... :)
http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ult...;f=10;t=089864
I think he already knows, he is either a scammer himself, or has been scammed, has realized it, and now he is trying to get his money back. So either way, it's a scam. I like the guys who are honest about it. I see them sometimes trying to sell them just to get a little back, and some will tell you they aren't worth the suggested retail and are really only worth what they are selling them for.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I am attempting to get this page filled so we can start another. My computer is really slow, and those pictures really bog my system down.
Bump...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Seth=L said:
My computer is really slow, and those pictures really bog my system down.
I know some nice guys in a van who happen to have some surplus computer gear....
My attempt to help move you onto the next page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks