What's new

While we weren't paying attention Playstation Plus has gotten badass (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Heh:
BAD%20ASS%20Logojpg.jpg

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Not the way we understand it. It looks like you subscribe to the service like PS+ for a monthly or yearly fee. Then yhou have access to all the games in it. So, I'm assuming the $50 is the yearly. Those are the starter games.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. That's not too bad then; although, it isn't too good for me as I already have at least two of those for the PS3: Last Of Us and Sly Cooper. Infamous 2 might be one to pick up though.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Fing stupid to not combine Plus and Now.
I thought that it was part of PS+ service. I misunderstood mattCR's post. I agree. Making it a separate service from PS+ was stupid. There is no way I am about to pay another 50/year for a service that looks about the same as PS+.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
So it's an add-on to PS+? Does PS+ still offer its own free games?
It looks more like a parallel service than an add-on to PS+.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's parallel. Frankly, I Prefer this. Like significantly so. I have zippo interest in it. I just don't. It works for people on PS4 and alternate platforms (Sony supposedly has plans to introduce it on PC/Ipad/etc.) to play PS3 and Vita games on whatever system. Great.
I'm not that interested in playing PS3 games on my PS4. I have a PS3 for that. PS+ gets me free games designed for my platform by the plenty cheap. Playstation Now gets me classic games, free, to play no matter what system I'm on.

If they combined the two, it would likely raise the price of PS+, which would be a negative for me. Separate, I'm sure there are people who will buy in for the cross platform stuff but for me.. no interest at all

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but they could have made it an add-on service. Say 10 bucks per year more and your choice on whether to add it to your PS+ service. They could have branded it as PS+Now or some other buzz word for the service level.

Paralleling it is just to gouge anyone who might want it. The games it is offering are basically shelf fillers now, so charging another 50/bucks a year for access to them is unreasonable.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure how I feel about PS Now considering I own a majority of those games listed (for PS3 or other platforms) and I'd need to see the specifics on how it works. I think something more like OnLive would be better; you pay $15/month for a large selection of smaller/older games (all of them available on this plan) and can also buy individual games (primarily newer ones) for full or near-full price. I mean, I'd rather pay $15/month for all of the games shown or $60 for a brand-new PS3 game that I will have access to forever without paying a fee.Also, a handful of those games were given away on PS+ for free. It feels kind of unfair to get a game for free on PS+, or even buy it through the PSN, and then also pay a fee to play the same game through PS Now. If PS+ gave you access to your previously-purchased PSN games at no additional cost, and the alternative option was to pay a la carte or monthly fee for other games, then I think that would be better.

But I'm WAY more interested in the PS1/PS2 emulation on PS4. I'd like to see an announcement on that...and an official announcement on this PSNow stuff.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I am So PO'd!! Sony PS3 servers will stop supporting my favorite FPS on-line game (Resistance 2) as well as R1 and R3 at the end of March!

I've tried other FPS games like Call of Duty and a few others, but the weapons aren't the same, and the action makes me nauseous. R2 is the only game I'm good at.

Anyone know of a PS3 FPS game that has similar weapons, and game play as R2? I guess I'll have to find one that I like somehow or I might as well chuck my PS3. :(

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Reed Grele said:
I am So PO'd!! Sony PS3 servers will stop supporting my favorite FPS on-line game (Resistance 2) as well as R1 and R3 at the end of March!

I've tried other FPS games like Call of Duty and a few others, but the weapons aren't the same, and the action makes me nauseous. R2 is the only game I'm good at.

Anyone know of a PS3 FPS game that has similar weapons, and game play as R2? I guess I'll have to find one that I like somehow or I might as well chuck my PS3. :(
You mentioned trying a few others, so I assume you have tried Killzone.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Glad I don't play online. Invite a friend over; the Resistance games let you play the whole campaign in split-screen! :)

Is the PSNow a "streaming" service, i.e. useless to anyone without a top-tier cable internet connection, or a download service?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, PS Now is meant to let you play PS3 games streaming through the internet using Gaikai's technology. Gaikai does PC game streaming. Rumor has it that they are bringing PS1 and PS2 emulation to the PS4 (in the same way PS1 and PS2 games could be played on the PS3) but nobody knows for sure and its unclear if it would be full-on emulation so you can pop a PS1/PS2 disc in the console and it works or if it would be on a game-by-game basis where you have to buy each one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks