What's new

Which two of these four DVDs should I pick up? (1 Viewer)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for Citizen Kane and Unforgiven. Both are magnificent films. It's been too long since I've seen Color Purple to give it my thumbs up, although I plan on checking it out again. I have to say I did not care for True Romance. I am a fan of Tarantino's pictures, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, even the segment from Four Rooms :eek: but this picture did nothing for me. Personally I found the acting "annoying" for lack of a better term, and I was not amused by the dialogue. But then again many folks love the picture so your mileage may vary. :) I guess I'm saying TR is an acquired taste but CK and UNFORGIVEN are classics and you can't go wrong with these.

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator
hey..go and ask for the movies on that list that they don't have...then they'll tell you to pick any 2 movies priced at 19.99 and they'll sell them to you for 12.50 each
i did that and got E.T. and Jackie Brown, and when i got home i ordered Citizen Kane and Clockwork Orange and True Romance, each for 12.50 and in store pick up. (i already own Unforgiven and would advise getting it.)
Good stuff

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
True Romance and Unforgiven

Color Purple Sucks

Citizen Kane is the Worst Movie of all time!!!!!!!!!!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I've often said that there's someone who hates every film ever made. There's one member who thinks the Godfather is the worst film ever made, and now we have our vote for Citizen Kane. All I can do is laugh. :) Hell, there's even one who thinks the Apartment sucks :rolleyes:(the only member of HTF on my ignore list :) )

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I don't even agree with that. Yes, it's less than perfect, and could be better, but it's a step up over the quality of the laser disc, and definitely acceptable enough to be able to watch such a great movie. :)

Tim RH

Second Unit
CITIZEN KANE & THE COLOR PURPLE (though it's a bit of a toss-up between this one and UNFORGIVEN) would be my picks.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Citizen Kane and Unforgiven. (of course I already have those two so I picked up Amadeus and The Color Purple today).

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
1. Unforgiven A classic and a damned enjoyable movie
2. True Romance Christopher Walken and Gary Oldman? Do you really have to ask?
3. Citizen Kane Yes I own it and so must you, no I won't see it again for quite awhile.
The Color Purple.... Saw it, can't remember much.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I've often said that there's someone who hates every film ever made. There's one member who thinks the Godfather is the worst film ever made, and now we have our vote for Citizen Kane.
Let's not forget, there's even some idiot around here who thinks 2001 sucks. :Casts suspicious eye at self:;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks