What's new

Which is more Pronto friendly...SD4700 or RP91 (1 Viewer)

Which has more discrete remote codes like power on/off and codes for different audio/video modes and menu settings.

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know about discrete codes,but my Pronto and RP 91 are very Happy together.

CC

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I bought a SD4700 last night and while watching Saving Private Ryan on it the player locked up, so I thought maybe the disc was dirty, so I started Moulin Rouge, and it did the exact same thing! I was reading on this and hometheaterspot.com that the SD4700's have a layer change problem....take it for what its worth but I wouldn't get a Toshiba SD4700.

Took it back this afternoon and exchanged it for a Panasonic RP-56, gonna try it out with SPR tonight.

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Derick,
If you're looking for discretes, the Tosiba is NOT the way to go. I've only found a discrete on code for the 5700, which is substantially the same as the 4700.
FWIW, I have not had a single layer change problem with the 5700.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Watch Saving Private Ryan, Final Fantasy and I am now on my 2nd viewing of Mulholland Dr. tonight with the RP-56, not a single problem and my fiance noticed how much sharper the Sage/Farjouda(sp) de-interlacer makes the image.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I am pretty sure that Toshiba has no power discrete codes for anything but their latest crop of rear projection TVs. There are workarounds for this, as can be researched on www.remotecentral.com. The RP-91 is very Pronto-friendly. The one thing that I would have liked is the opportunity to switch the sizing discretely...like from Auto to Zoom for non-anamorphic material that is not flagged. I found that you have to entered a mildly nested menu to get to this option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks