What's new

Directors Which "Final Chapter" are you most excited for? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
You can pick any of the following films to watch right now:

Star Wars Episode 3
Kill Bill: Volume 2
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
The Matrix Revolutions

Which would it be and why?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Would have to be The Return of the King, after being wrapped up in the previous chapters for the last 2yrs it is great to finally get to a conclusion that looks grand and spectacular in every way.

Kill Bill - After seeing this yesterday this is an easy second, I can't wait to see how this one concludes.
Revolutions - I liked Reloaded a lot more than most, i'm glad it is only a couple of weeks away.
Episode III - I initially like Ep II, but repeat viewings have left me enjoying it as much as The Phantom Menace which isn't a lot. I bought the DVD last November, watched it once and don't see it getting a spin anytime soon. I'll be there opening day but it doesn't excite me all that much

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
In this order:

Episode III: I still have faith that this will be a decent movie, even after I and II.
Revolutions: colour me cautiously optimistic that this will be the equivalent of BTTF3 after a disappointing (well, badly edited) Reloaded.
Return of the King: Books 1 & 2 were really badly adapted IMHO. If rumours are true about the ending to 3, I will be even less impressed with this one.
Kill Bill: Volume 2. This might be #1 on my list but I haven't seen Volume 1 yet!

edit: Scott, what are your choices?

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

I would have sat through the 2nd act immediately following Volume 1 (trim a bit of Vol. 1's fat, and granted there's not much of it, and maybe this is one film with an intermission for towelling-off, but that's a subject for another thread). Great set-up for the 2nd half.

Matrix Revolutions would be next. I loved the way the 2nd film messed with rules of the 1st, and became a different type of film in the process, but the ending wasn't as much as a cliffhanger as I'd hoped. Next, Return of the King. I thought that the best stuff in Two Towers was severely hampered by the worst, in particularly the last movement of the film, which seemed bogged-down to me. Finally, I didn't like the first 2 Star Wars prequels at all, and I hope they take some artistic chances with the next film. Yeah, right.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
in the following order....

Return of the King - although I wouldn't watch it now, I'd rather wait to see it with the midnight premiere crowd.

Matrix Revolutions - Ok, I liked Kill Bill a heck of a lot better than Reloaded, but the trailers kick butt and I can't wait to see how this one ends.

Kill Bill - I would've gladly sat through Volume 2 right after volume 1, but regardless I still can't wait.

Star Wars: Episode III - Last on the list probably because there aren't trailers yet, but after seeing Clones in a DLP theater I'll be there opening night for this one.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
In order:

Return of the King - this is bound to be my favorite of the series, it's where my favorite character really shines

Kill Bill, Volume 2 - and keep in mind I'm a former Tarantino-hater... but Volume 1 blew me away.

Matrix Revolutions - don't really care too much about this series, but it's probably going to be better than...

Star Wars Episode 3: Final Nail in the Coffin - I'm pretty sure Lucas will once again wipe his ass with my childhood dreams and memories. "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything's soft... and smooth..."

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The Matrix: Revolutions - Of all the films listed it seems like the most unknown quantity. How will the Wachowski's resolve the storyline?

Given that so far Neo and the "new" Smith have battled to a standstill how will the coming conflict play out? What roles will the Merovingian and Persephone play in the next film? Who is the man being led out of the restaurant and what happens on the subway platform? Has Neo developed additional capabilities in the "real" world? Will we see the Architect again?

Questions, questions, questions.

- Walter.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King easily. But I might change my mind after I’ve seen Kill Bill: Volume 1. Overall Jackson has done a fine job with this adaptation and I am anticipating a satisfactory final film.

Star Wars Episode 3, which I will no doubt see as I’ve seen all the rest. But I am not particularly hopeful that we will see a satisfactory conclusion here. I put this in second place, as ‘Attack of the Clones’ was a definite step up from the previous two movies, so there is some reason to hope for a full return to form.

The Matrix Revolutions a film that I can only hope is better than the last. But since it was done at the same time, I am not hopeful.. At least I can hope that we are not again subjected to constant LFE for the entire movie. Loved the first one. Did not care for the second. We shall see, for the third.

Kill Bill: Volume 2, no real opinion as I have not yet seen Volume 1. But I am very optimistic about both films. This really is a n/a rating instead of being in 4th place.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Return of the King: though I was a bit let down by TTT, this is a movie I've been dreaming about since I first read the books years and years ago

Kill Bill, Vol 2: Vol 1 is fantastic and I also would have liked to see vol 2 immediately, but I don't think vol 1 had any "fat" to be trimmed. Taking extra time to include scenes that aren't absolutely necessary adds further texture to the film and its characters and also reflects Tarantino paying tribute to his New Wave influences. Incidentally I happened to see the full Kill Bill trailer 2 days ago, after only seeing the teasers, and it includes further shots not seen in the film.

Matrix Revolutions: Based solely on the trailer. I liked Reloaded but not enthusiatically so, and for me the original has faded separated from the original "ooh's" and "ahh's" that I experienced in the theater.

Star Wars III: I actually like Phantom Menace, but II was not a good movie and I really have no desire to see Hayden Christensen in a Mrs. Butterworth commercial, much less a feature film I have to pay $$ to see. Of course I'll see it, but the anticipation factor is gone for me.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:eek: Are you kidding? Return of the King. Let me in now!!
Come on the others are cartoons compared to the humungous LOTR trilogy.
Okay I admit I am curious to see how Lucas finishes the Star Wars prequels. And from what I see of the trailer, Revolutions will be more of the same only bigger and louder, hopefully the last 20mins won't be a total cop-out. Kill Bill I haven't seen yet, but it looks like fun.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Update: Just saw Kill Bill Volume 1.

Needless to say, there's a new entry at the top of my list. :D

:star: :star: :star: :star:

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Star Wars Episode 3
- None of the prequels have been as good as the originals. TPM and AOTC were great on first watch but good in retrospect

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- My favorite book, and hopefully my favorite of the series

The Matrix Revolutions
- I'm dying to see how this ends

- Haven't seen Volume 1 yet, but I hope to fix that tonight.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'll be catching Kill Bill this weekend so as of right now

1. The Return of the King

2. Star Wars Episode 3

3. The Matrix Revolutions

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I would watch Episode simply because it's the farthest away. I've got a few weeks to wait for Revolutions and about two months for ROTK, as compared to probably a year and half for Ep. 3. Not taking that into account, ROTK is my most anticipated of any of them.

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
1. Star Wars: Episode III, I cannot wait to see Anakin embrace the dark side, and that battle against Obi-Wan will surely be something to see!
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
3. The Matrix Revolutions
4. Kill Bill: Volume 2

But hey, I would watch them all tonight if I could!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
1. Kill Bill Vol.2 - I really liked Vol.1 and I hope when the DVD comes out it is all put together as one movie. Wishful thinking, I know, but I still want it that way.:)

2. LOTR: Return of the King - I have never read the books, nor did I hear of them until the movies were about to come out. I loved the first two movies and the trailer for ROTK looks amazing.

3. Matrix: Revolutions - At first, I thought that Reloaded was one of the worst movies that I have ever seen, but after buying the DVD (for the highway scene) it sort of grew on me. I don't think the DVD is all that it is made out to be. Final Destination2 looks better to me than this does.

4. Star Wars III: The Ultimate Battle of Good Vs. Evil part III, Ep. IX, Chapter XXV, Pg. 2, etc. - I wanted to see both Jar Jar and Anakin killed off in Phantom Menace and the same thing in Episode II. I love the way some diehard Star Wars fans try to stick up for Hayden's acting. I look forward to part three because that's when we will finally see the first three movies on DVD. Other than that, I won't be rushing out to see this on opening day because of the disappointing I and II.

George

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks