What's new

Which DVD-Audio Disks Do You Recommend? (1 Viewer)

W

Will

Hello,
I recently got a Panasonic RP-91 player and so naturally
I'd like to hear some DVD-Audio! Which DVD-Audio disks
do you guys recommend, to start with? And where should
I go to buy the DVD-A's online? Thanks again!
Will

David Albrecht

Stunt Coordinator
I would recommend picking an album you already know and love. It will be like hearing it again for the first time.
DVD Planet seems to have the best prices on pre-orders, but try using DVD price search first.
http://www.dvdplanet.com/dvd_audio.asp
[Edited last by David Albrecht on November 14, 2001 at 11:11 PM]
[Edited last by David Albrecht on November 14, 2001 at 11:15 PM]

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Will, congratulations on your purchase of the 'RP91. I've heard many good things about that player. I have the Technics DVD-A10 DVD-Audio player, which preceded the 'RP91, and have been extremely pleased with it. In any event, I only have 14 DVD-Audio discs, but here are my favorites, musically and sonically:
* Metallica Metallica ("The Black Album")
* Fleetwood Mac Rumours
* Steely Dan Two Against Nature
* Inside the Music: Women on Top
The last title listed is a compilation album of pop hits by female artists. It is on the Silverline Records label. Unfortunately, the disc has no DVD-Audio stereo track, but the surround-sound track is quite good. In addition, the disc has a DTS track for playback on DVD-Video players. The DTS track sounds good, but the DVD-Audio track is noticeably better. The disc also has a Dolby Digital track, which is awful.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime
[Edited last by KeithH on November 15, 2001 at 04:05 PM]

John Geelan

Screenwriter
The Fleetwood Mac DVDA is a must own. Incredible. If you like heavy metal then the Metallica DVDA is also very good. I also love my ELP DVDA.
I was not impressed by the Foreignor DVDA or the DOORS La Woman DVDA.
JohnG
------------------

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
The Grateful Dead's American Beauty is spectacular. Also, I've listened briefly to Eric Clapton's Reptile, and it is quite good. Accoustic stuff really comes alive on DVD-A.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Yes, the Grateful Dead DVDA of "American Beauty" is also excellent! 'Ripple' has never sounded better.
The Steely Dan DVDA is also a MUST own.
Coming up soon will be Queen's "Night At The Opera" and The Eagles "Hotel California" which are on the Christmas list.
JohnG :)
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks