What's new

Which 5 channel anp with Klipsch Speaker? (1 Viewer)

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I have Ref 3 series speakers and they are paired with a Onkyo 898 right now. I plan on using the 898 as a pre/pro for now but I want to get a amp in the meantime. There are so many different amps out there and I have about a 1000.00 in the budget for this. I have checked out audiogon and there are just so many different amps to choose from. Do I go with Adcom, Rotel, Parasound, etc. Which one would sound the best/warmest paired with the Klipsch? Thanks for your help with my journey to separates!;)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Bob,

I have RF3's also and I have used a Parasound HCA855A 5 channel amp with them and they sound very good. Good clarity and imaging. This amp can be had for around $400 to $450 all over the net right now. I recently got a used Carver AX705 THX certified amp and it sounds incredible with the RF3's. I am now using it to bi-amp my rf3's and power my center channel. The Parasound powers my side surrounds and rear surrounds. I use an Onkyo 797 as my pre/pro until my Outlaw 950 arrives. Adcom or Rotel are not a good match for Klipsch speakers, it would be much too bright sounding(tried them). B&k, Marantz monoblocks, and Parasound should be pretty good matches for Klipsch speakers. The Carver is great also but it is not made anymore. You could check ebay for a used one. I have tried a few different amps with the rf3's and the Carver was the best(so far). The detail is astounding. I am sure there are even better out there but they are out of my $$ range at the moment. One thing is for sure, no receivers amp section can match a good outboard amp. Won't even come close(IMHO). Good luck with your search.

Take Care,

Dalton

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Thanks Dalton, would you suggest going with a Parasound 1205A over the 855A. I have seen those on the internet for 750-800. I know that the Klipsch are really efficient speakers but I don't know how long I will be keeping them as I was going to try to get some Diva's in the next couple of months. I read somewhere that Parasound's were being discontinued. Is that correct?

Aslam Imran

Second Unit
B&K would best go with Klipsch due to their warm tubey sound. Parasound/rotel would be the next best choice and dont even think of ATI, Adcom or Outlaw (ATI clone?). 5x125 W versions of all these brands can be had for around $1000.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Bob,

The 1205 would be a great choice. Better yet if you look around you might find the 1206 which is 6x135watts. I have seen it go for $650 to $750 on ebay. If you go with Parasound you won't be dissapointed. If you plan on getting Divas I would definetly recommend the 1205 or 1206 over the 855. The Divas aren't as efficent as the Klipsch speakers. The 855 is a great amp for the $$ and would probably be fine for the Diva 4.1's which are 6ohm speakers. If you are going with the 8ohm 5.1/6.1's then the 1205 is a better choice. Good luck Bob.

Take Care,

Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks