What's new

Where's "Zapped!" and "Up the Creek"?!? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
With all of the crap being released. Is it some much to ask that 2 crap movies I like be released. ;)

Zapped!
&
Up the Creek

walter o

Supporting Actor
well MGM controls them, but now that they are Sony, instead of a SRP of 9.99, it will now be 24.99, plus fullscreen!:angry:

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
God forbid they don't present Zapped in its OAR beauty. I would at least rent it no matter what, this film belongs in the "What were the 1980s all about Grandpa?" timecapsule.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Holy Crap! Someone brought up, "UP THE CREEK".

Bob McGraw all the way!!

Man that movie was bad, but good!

That blonde is seriously hot.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
ZAPPED! is one of the most hilarious pieces of trash I've ever seen. The onscreen pairing of Baio and Aames is absolute magic. I laughed so hard, I almost died. Really. This film is funnier than about 99% of what passes for film comedy these days. (Yeah, that's right, Jim Carrey and Will Ferrell, I'm talkin' ta YOU.) Look out for much gratuitous '80s-comedy surrealism, especially the bit with the dog and the Star Trek Bridge...unbelievable. So stoopid it's absolutely wonderful.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Where's "Zapped!" and "Up the Creek"? Um...in my adolescent past where they belong?

Just kidding....what kills me is that the crappy(er) 1990 sequel got a DVD release before the original Zapped.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Time for my annual bump to keep these titles in people's minds. So hopefully we can some news soon.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Was the person who started this thread a CHARLES IN CHARGE fan?

ZAPPED starred Scott Baio and Willie Aames.

UP THE CREEK starred Jennifer Runyon (aka the seriously hot blonde).

All three starred in CHARLES IN CHARGE, season one (the only one with Runyon) is out on DVD on Feb 14th.

Maybe they should have had a tie in, released both movies the same day.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Jon, it was me. And until you brought it up...I had not even thought that they were all tied together with Charles In Charge. Was never a big fan of the show.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Every blue moon or so, Ill recite the Einstein Chilidogs scene from Zapped for a friend when he needs cheering up and a laugh.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While Heather Thomas was hot....I always like Felice Schachter who played Bernadette.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

Actually, I think Disney's THE BOATNIKS had it first:

"Looks like a small torpedo."
"If it is, it's the first Kosher torpedo I've ever seen."

John*P

Second Unit
I've been watching Charles in Charge on UPN, and would definitely like to see Zapped on DVD. (Baio and Aames are great on Charles) I think I'm gonna rent it on VHS soon, as I've never seen it before...I'd buy the DVD if released. If MGM can release The Garbage Pail Kids Movie on DVD (#41 on the IMDb Bottom 100) they can surely release Zapped!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks