What's new

Where's Obi been lately? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen him around here lately, nor have seen any recent DVD reviews. I hope everything is ok.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was wondering the same thing just the other day.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Obi has been hanging out in the hardware areas due to some upgrades he's done to his HT system.

Crawdaddy

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
The Obi-watch is on. Ah, the trials of celebrity. :)
He just posted this afternoon here.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I'm curious, given that nickname. How did he get it? Did someone annoint him the Jedi Master of Laserdisc or something???

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
...it don't matter. Obi'll be all around in the dark. Obi'll be everywhere, wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, Obi'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, Obi'll be there. When forum members overstate the benefits of DTS, Obi'll be there. Obi'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. Obi'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready and where people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build. Obi'll be there, too.

Regards,

Tom Joad

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
He's alive and well and active here at HTF--just more focused on those hardware issues, is all.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Literary allusions in a Software thread? Now there's something for ya
Don't worry Paul. That dialog was in the movie, so I haven't necessarily been outed as a literate HT buff yet. If people aren't careful, though, I'll starting dropping Pynchon and Delillo quotes and we'll have a modern lit nightmare on our hands.

Regards,

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting the impression now that Obi might have turned jealous because of the writeup on RAF's Home Theater in the Wall Street Journal a few months ago.
Is Obi trying to achieve parity? :laugh:
OTOH, I think to myself, "gee, I haven't seen RAF in a while either...has HE been posting to the Software section?".
A search for Robert A. Fowkes shows that his DID post to Software recently - once - in a Superbit thread. Otherwise, he's relegated himself to Receivers/Separates/Amps and to HT Construction and Interiors.
Ah, well...such is life. One day I'll be rich and can afford a cineplex in my basement. One day I'll afford a basement! ;)

Robert George

Screenwriter
The reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated...

I've been around, but as others have said, more involved with hardware issues of late. Also, I've been trying to complete a home remodel that has been ongoing for nearly a year now.

The remodel is now essentially complete as of a couple of weeks ago and my audio system has been greatly revamped as well. As for Obi's Reviews, even that is about to be restored to active status.

After a much longer hiatus than was planned, a new site with a new partnership with Digital Eyes should be launched later today (Saturday). My premiere reviews will be one of my favorite films from last year, Ocean's Eleven, and a terrific jazz concert program, Eastwood After Hours. More on tap for later in the weekend.

And thanks for thinking about me.

DarrenA

Second Unit
Obi, I look forward to your review of Ocean's Eleven. This was one of my favorite films from last year as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks