What's new

where to place acoustic panels? (1 Viewer)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I know I should place them at the first reflection points on the side walls but what about the back walls behind me could I put them where the sound bounces of the back wall and then back to me? Would this have a similar effect as putting them behind the speakers on the front wall?

Daniel Smith

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Daniel,
What are you trying to achieve? What kind of room are you working with? What kind of acoustic panel? Don't you just hate it when people answer a question with questions? :)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
My front and left side walls are cinderblock and the back and right side are drywall; the room is 11x13. I'm trying to acheive good sound, pretty simple. I was gonna make a DIY panel I believe a version of Jon Risch's model.

Daniel Smith

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
I intend on placing panels on my rear wall as well. At high volume I feel I am overloading my room, particularly with music. I am also going to build a DIY bass trap. It can't hurt to deaden the room a bit, being drywall covered concrete. I may also look at some kind of DIY corner tunes.

Given the minimal cost to build these things, experimentation is the way to go. Not to mention building things is always a good excuse to drink beer with a buddy.

Wayne

Kip Lackey

Stunt Coordinator
I would be very interested in any replies to Daniel's situation as my room is very similar. Front and right are cinder block while the right is a knockdown wall with drywall. Room is and L shape with total length of 36' and widths of 18' and 11'. Thanks for the question Daniel; hopefully you'll get some good replies that I can use as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks