Where To Get Director Chairs?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Michael Pakula, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

I just wanted to know where in Toronto, I could
    go about getting a director chair with possibly
    my name on it, or even some online stores would
    would be good too.

-Mike

2. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    not Toronto-specific, but I once got a chair similar to a director's chair (it didn't fold though) from Ikea. I suppose you could detach the rear cloth support and take it to a print shop and have your name added there?

3. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

I think you can find folding director's chairs at Pier One. To get your name on the back, you can remove the back and take it to any place that can stitch monograms.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    We bought a director's chair from Pier One long time ago, it was crap, the backing material was too small in the width and kind of pulled one of the sideposts out of the socket. Then the way the bottom was designed, the seatbottom wasn't level, it made you lean forward and is uncomfortable. I'd never buy another one from Pier One again. Ours has a maple finish to it and the material is plain green but the thing is junk and isn't comfortable. YMMV, but I'd check them out to see if they have improved on the design and quality of manufacturing.

Jay