What's new

Where the frak is GALACTICA S3? (1 Viewer)

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Since I don't live in the US, I have to rely on DVD as well. All shows are broadcasted in my country, as well, but I prefer the undubbed versions. Once you get used to that, there's no turning back. :)

I was very much hoping to be able to get Season 3 for Christmas, but it would seem Universal has different plans for me. A real pity....and strange. What's the benefit of holding the set back till January? "Lost" even starts one month later and THEY manage to get the set out in time.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if I'll be alive when the S3 DVD is out? And I don't have cable either, by choice.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I bet the trouble with the S3 release is that the studio doesn't yet know when S4 will air on SciFi. There has been talk of splitting the 20 episodes into two years (2008/2009) (which is a really bad idea IMO) and presumably, if such a split happens, S4 will premiere later than January, which would delay a DVD of S3.

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator

Same here! $720 a year (at least) saved for DVD purchases. Every time we think we miss cable and watch some while in a hotel on vacation, we realize why we're glad we never hooked it up at the new house.

But we still want our Katie Sackhoff fix!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Im not that much into wading through extras-unless its a film that I REALLY love.
So you have a choice-The COMPLETE SEASON 3 from the (R2) UK, available for over a month now, with few or no extras, or the piecemeal half-season-over-6-months-nonsense US sets WITH extras (I assume)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

There's no reason to even assume that. The entirety of Season 3 has been aired, which leads me to assume we'll get a complete Season 3 set. The ONLY reason Season 2 got two release, IMHO, was because 2.0 was released before 2.5 aired and Universal wanted it as a marketing tie in.

All we know for certain is that Razor hits the street in December and Season 4 starts in January (I think).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
According to The Digital Bits, Season 3 is not coming until April 2008 .

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#101707

One of the reasons cited in this Rumor Mill posting is that Universal may want something in stores during the show's mid-season break.

Let's hope that does not mean Sci Fi is going ahead with its plan to show 8 or 10 episodes in 2008, and the remaining 10 in 2009.

Why is it that science fiction fans always seem to get screwed (and exploited)?

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I don't have cable. I bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD last year, watched the episodes over a few months, and was looking forward to purchasing the third season (despite its slightly above neutral fan reception). We may be a minority, but as law-abiding fans who only want to watch this show at decent resolutions (read: DVD, not iTunes), Sci-Fi has lost some serious momentum with us by delaying the official R1 release for so long.

It's not that I'll stop watching out of spite; I've just sort of lost interest in the show during the DVD drought, especially with all the spoilers leaking. What was a certain purchase has become a possible rental.

Besides, with all the "retroactive continuity" in serial dramas nowadays, even "prequels" are meant to be watched with the very latest episodes in mind (early reviews of "Razor" mentioned characters and situations completely alien to me, and which are probably needed to fully enjoy the story). So the "chronological plot" argument doesn't really hold water. This is about profits, period.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
September 19, 2006. That's when season 2.5 came out on DVD.

One year and seven months later we might get season 3.

Unacceptable.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Which also doesn't bode too well for Season 4 not getting split in twain, Sopranos-style...with Universal putting S3 out when they are, they're clearly trying to "bridge" the two halves of the final year with the DVD set.

I'm going to go do laundry, now.

...And by "doing laundry," I mean "socket-fucking a hogtied-and-shrieking Ecuadorian fishmonger."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
All right...Bill Hunt has posted a piece on the delayed release of S3, and why Universal is taking this hardline stance on the release date, as well as some insight into the non-R1 versions of the set.

It's quite interesting:

I'd actually heard about the extended, edited-together version of the "Resistance" webisodes elsewhere, so this is nice to hear about coming from Bill himself. They need to be included, no question; they're vital to a complete understanding of the first half of the season.

Although I'd thought that this particular DVD set wouldn't be a football in the looming Guild strike, it seems that the webisodes are still very much in play at the moment.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Anyone think there's a slim chance that if the WGA does not work out the strike today (Sunday November 4th), that some DVD's will start to trickle out? Such as a 3rd season?

edit: Josh, your posting from Bill Hunt is interesting and after re-reading it, perhaps the S3 DVD won't come out even if the strike goes on.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I think S3 is going to come in April, as the Bits reported. The strike, however, could affect the second half of season 4, according to a report at TrekMovie.com. Sounds like we won't get the last 10 episodes til 2009, after all.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Man am I out of the loop....Been laid up with some neck/back issues...so I finally unwrapped my BSG seasons 1, 2 & 2.5 and watched them over the last 3 weeks. What a great fraking show. Can't believe I waited so long to watch it. And I'm completely shocked I can't get season 3. I've had season 2 sitting on a shelf for over a year! Yeah, I'm behind on my viewing...ha

Are the reports of an April release still positive?

On a side note, I picked up Razor, a little frightened I maybe shouldn't have watched it, but am damn glad I did. Great little aside in the BSG story. And for those who stay away from spoilers (like me) it's along the same timeline as season 2.

PLEASE GIVE US SEASON 3!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks