What's new

Where should we travel? (1 Viewer)

John_E

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I have two round trip tickets for anywhere in the continental US that we are planning to use in the next 30-45 days. We are thinking of a 5-6 day trip. Where should we go?

I'll give some criteria:

1. It has to be fairly warm. We are both single digit handicap golfers and would like to golf a fair amount. She is from Florida, so we would like to go somewhere else.

2. We would also like to see some sights, so we're thinking about the Grand Canyon/Arizona/Vegas. However, we haven't decided yet.

3. The budget is around $100/$200 per night, but I always love a good bargain.

Anyone been on a great golf vacation lately?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Is your budget must be for the room only.

If so then I would say Az is the place to go for some great golf.

If your budget is for the whole day then Az is out. It's currently the on season in Az and there aren't a lot of great bargains to be had.

Besides some of the greens fess would wipe out that budget in a hurry.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Golf is spendy all over the place, Vegas especially. Depends what you are willing to spend on green fees. Miami is nice though, San Diego too.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
How about Springdale, Utah, which is southwestern Utah, neat Zion, also not far from

Grand Canyon
Bryce Canyon
Las Vegas

Lots of golf, however not being a golfer, I cannot qualify how good the courses are there but I would imagine they would be close to some nice ones...

Jay

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
...getting back to "fairly warm"....you wouldn't know it today (it's cold EVERYWHERE) but San Antonio is a great area for year round golf. Your money will go a lot further in this area also. Plenty of things to do and see...and great food.

Jim

"There's a little bit of everything in Texas."

Ernest Tubb

John_E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions. The budget was for the room only. I know that greens fees are spendy everywhere. What's the temerature like in So. Utah in Feburary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks