What's new

where is WESTERN UNION (Fox, 1941) ? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just a note about the character Dean Jagger portrayed in the film. There was a Edward Creighton and he did surveyed the route used for the first Transcontinental Telegraph line between Omaha and California. The project was funded by Western Union. Also, the line was completed in 1861 as indicated in the film. Of course, there was some creative license taken in the film, but Edward Creighton was a real person that was instrumental in the advancing the settling of the western part of the United States. He made a lot of money along with his brother as they were involved with the Union Pacific railroad too. Also, Creighton University was established in memory of him by his wife and brother, who contributed the early finances for the university.

stevenHa

Second Unit
Can someone who has the German blu ray in America clarify something for me - on Amazon.uk it shows in the specs "PAL" - does that mean that the blu ray came from a PAL source and when I play it in region A there will be speedup ?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
stevenHa said:
Can someone who has the German blu ray in America clarify something for me - on Amazon.uk it shows in the specs "PAL" - does that mean that the blu ray came from a PAL source and when I play it in region A there will be speedup ?
No speedup and it will play fine on your Region A BD player.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
John Hermes said:
It's a fine looking disc too!
Great info. Based on this, I ordered the German disc today.

Question: do you have the Koch German disc of "Destry Rides Again"? If so, is it Region A compatible and how would you rate the quality? Many thanks!!

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
atfree said:
Great info. Based on this, I ordered the German disc today.

Question: do you have the Koch German disc of "Destry Rides Again"? If so, is it Region A compatible and how would you rate the quality? Many thanks!!
Yes, I have that as well. Region free and looks quite nice. Sharp, good contrast, a bit grainy for my taste sometimes, but nothing too bad. I think you'll like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks