What's new

Where is the TV show Ed on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I absolutely loved this show and cant wait for it to come out on DVD. Has anyone heard anything about this release?

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Only saw but half an episode from late in this series (was last season the final season?), but I generally love a good dramedy (Sports Night, anyone?) and might be interested enough to purchase this were it to be released.

Julia*D

Agent
Dane - the last season was the fourth and final season. It was abbreviated though, just 17 eps. And I'm with you on Sports Night -- probably the best blind buy I've ever done.

Ed is one of my all-time favorite shows. It was a wonderfully quirky dramedy -- and those $10 bets! I still get the giggles thinking of "Burger Me." I would *love* to buy this show on DVD.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

My favorite one is when they are in the Shopping Centre and Ed asks for the lettuce. "Can you please tell me where the letoose is". :)

The station that played "Ed" over here screwed it around so i've missed the last 2 seasons. I would certainly consider a purchase.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Were there four seasons? I thought there were only three seasons of this show.

Another question is why hasn't a cable network hasn't picked up this show? I really miss this show.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I would've really missed it, too, had I not seen season four. :) I remember being fearful of it's cancellation, even though I thought season three hadn't been as good as the previous two (Ed was nearly unlikable during the first half of the season). But, season four was just a huge dip in quality - I told a friend of mine that if any show could survive the two leads getting together it was "Ed". In my opinion, I was wrong.

That being said, the first two seasons are some of the best tv I've EVER seen. This cast was like tv's best kept secret.

I could've sworn it was rumored to be one of the series being considered for DVD release when that announcement first came out that NBC was going to be licensing some shows for DVD release.

Stuckeyville.com mentions that they were not contractually allowed to release the show on home video for up to one year after production ceased (that sounds odd to me). If there's any truth to that, that one year should be close to up.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

You mean how every week they teased the impending doom of the Carol/Ed relationship, usually by implying Ed was going to cheat on Carol the next week? Then the episode would come around and the teaser turned out to be taken completely out of context. Yeah, I tired of that as well.

I thought that season four focused too much on the Ed/Carol relationship period. I think there was a way to make that work in a more subtle fashion then having to hang some impending doom over them every week.

I do think there were a few decent episodes in season four. Usually the ones where Justin Long popped back up. I guess Warren just grew on me.

I would definitely still buy it if we're ever lucky enough to see this series released. And let's hope they had already secured the music rights as well...

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still waiting for the spin-off, Mike and Nancy. They were always my reason for watching the show. Now that I think of it, I would even like Warren, or Phil (well, maybe Phil would be too much--but Shirley, now...). The point is, I actually enjoyed the brilliant supporting cast much more than I enjoyed Ed or Carol. The last two seasons focused too much on their relationship. Still, I'd buy it on dvd.

Julia*D

Agent

Agreed. I think "Ed" was at its best when the storylines weren't focused entirely on the Ed/Carol relationship.

So what are the odds that we'll see this show on DVD in the near future? There's a thread on the message boards at Stuckeyville.com that states that "Ed" is not on Paramount's schedule so far for 2005. I wonder how accurate that is though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks