What's new

Where is 'MOVING' with Richard Pryor on DVD? (4 Viewers)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm starting this thread for my dad because he just watched this last week and asked me if it were on dvd and I had to tell him no, it wasn't.

I also want this film because it cracked me up back in the late 80's when I used to catch it on HBO.

Is this another film that has been forgotten, or will it be one of those small films that will only be in foolscreen if and when it ever does come out? Who knows. All I know is, the film is damn funny and it should be on dvd.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I started this thread when the forum was slow from the Thanksgiving holiday, i'll give it another shot to get noticed before I toss in the towel on it for good. ;)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Count me in! I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I have it on VHS and watch it quite often. It always cracks me up. I first watched that movie as a kid. I was also a big wrestling fan at the time so seeing King Kong Bundy was definitely a highlight. IMO, this is one of Pryor's best and should NOT be overlooked.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This film is one of the few movies on my list that hasn't been released. It was my first exposure to Dana Carvey, who was fabulously crazy in this movie with his serious MPD.

Alan Oppenheimer was surreal as the home owner who sold the Pears' their home and jokingly told them he was taking everything from the pool to the doors... and then did!

This was probably Randy Quaid's best movie role that didn't involve a Vacation film.

I wonder why WBHV hasn't released this one yet, but they need to get the message there's a demand for this one. With all the talent on display, it sure is a headscratcher.

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I too would love to see this on DVD. I bought the video in the bargain bin a few years ago when DVD was just getting started. I check for it on DVD every now and again and nothing. I loved the whole "Wrong Finger" bit and it had a great cast with both Dana Carvey and Dave Thomas (of Strange Brew). I figure if we can get Strange Brew, why not this?

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Simkiss
I would buy this on DVD in a heartbeat, possibly just for the wrong finger gag, which I still remember clearly now even though I havn't seen the film in about 10 years.

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
I could have sworn this title was already released as one of Warner’s flat comedies. AFAIK Warner Home Video has no intentions of revisiting these titles in “matted” widescreen editions.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've never come across this film on dvd anywhere, at any rate, if they have no intention of releasing it in it's OAR than they shouldn't even bother.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Arlo Pear: What happened to my car?
Brad: Brad probably loaned the car to the Pope. Don't let the hat fool you, Man, the Pope's a crazy fucker. He probably blessed the car, got wasted and drove it off a fucking cliff.

Arlo's fantasy of kicking Frank Crawford's ass is great as is the ass-kicking of the scumbag removal men and the film is littered with great quips, although, overall, the film is slack. But I love Richard Pryor; the man is an awesome comedic force. Or at least he was. :frowning:

Time to dig out that Pryor CD boxed set :)

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'd buy the DVD if it was released.

I'm also waiting for "Some Kind of Hero" to be released on DVD.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, it's now official, I NEED to have this movie now LOL! I just watched the tape that I recorded off of Comedy Central last week, and even in edited form the film had me rolling! :laugh:

Brad (Dana Carvey):
"Wow, that is a great car, man, breaks stop on a fuckin' dime, you got power here, man."

Later in the same scene...

Brad:
"Oh yeah, I was supposed to deliver this car to (snickers to himself) to a guy named 'Arlo', is that you, are you 'Arlo', man? That's a funny fuckin' name 'Arlo', you must laugh all the time."

Damn, I forgot how funny this movie really is, EVERYTHING goes wrong for this poor man! :laugh:

Because they have found there is more demand for SE versions of titles that already exist. This forum is filled with "when is there going to be SE of..." threads. If people would stop all the double dipping maybe the studios would get around to releasing titles like this.

JerryKILL

Stunt Coordinator
Similarly MIA on video is Pryor's Greased Lightning, which I remember watching on cable waaaayy back in the late 70s. HBO was still a novelty at that time.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
HBO showed it (and I was lucky enough to record it) in HD about 8 months ago.

I caught this on one afternoon, and thought it was great.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Forgot about Greased Lightning.

I want that, Moving, and Some Kind of Hero on DVD! You hear me, studios?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks