What's new

Where is Journeyman on DVD? (1 Viewer)

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
if you like jourany man i recommed checking out life on mars. its coming bACK ON Wesndays Janury 26 at 10:00pm on nbc. its aboutcop from 2008 who wake in 1973.Hes sloves muders. its kind of like Jourany man.. i think you should check it out.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Another old thread I'm bumping.. guess we won't be seeing this series.. at this point I'd settle for it with music replacement...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Finally on DVD, with all the special features about how the series would have continued had it not been for NBC and the strike. But, it is from the UK, Region 2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeyman-The-Complete-Series-DVD/dp/B00A3VVJC4/

I wonder if the special features were actually produced when the series ended, and shelved (along with the episodes themselves) until now.

I want to hear the commentary track and watch the special features, but I'd rather buy a region 1 DVD set.

Well truthfully I'd rather have it on BluRay, but since I already have a self-made collection of the show in 720p, I would buy the DVDs if they are released in the US simply to get the special features.

Special Features:

[*]FLASHING BACKWARDS - a comprehensive documentary about the making of "Journeyman" (75 mins)
[/list]
[*]THE BACK NINE - featurette that explores with cast and writers what might have happened on the series had it not been cancelled (20 mins)
[/list]
[*]PILOT COMMENTARY - with creator/executive producer, Kevin Falls, lead actor, Kevin McKidd and director/executive producer, Alex Graves

[*]STILLS GALLERY

[*]DELETED SCENES
[/list]

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Really enjoyed this show when it aired. A Region 1 or Blu-ray (fat chance!) release would be very welcome.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'm really glad to see this one come out. It was one of my favorite series from the last decade. I was very surprised it wasn't picked up for a second season. With all the period music in it, I'm wondering if the original stuff is included or replacement music.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Region 2 DVD set of JOURNEYMAN. It's too good a series for me to rely on just my off-air recordings from analog TV.

I'm not usually one to recommend buying out-of-region, but this one doesn't look like it will ever be ported over to a US release. Indeed, based on this YouTube video from 2015, it is the music that's held up a release in the US.

The set arrived within the past week, and I've checked into my options for watching it. I have one crappy DVD player that's had a region hack performed on it, so it plays OK on that. It's just a matter of hooking the thing up to the main TV for viewing.

Meanwhile, the episodes also play fine on the computer using VLC, so that's a second option.

As one would expect, the video is the full widescreen (16:9) ratio and looks pretty good for a DVD. But, alas for me, the episodes are time-sped for the PAL system, giving a bit of a chipmunky sound to some of the voices. But given that this is all we've got, I'll learn to live with it.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Region 2 DVD set of JOURNEYMAN. It's too good a series for me to rely on just my off-air recordings from analog TV.

I'm not usually one to recommend buying out-of-region, but this one doesn't look like it will ever be ported over to a US release. Indeed, based on this YouTube video from 2015, it is the music that's held up a release in the US.

The set arrived within the past week, and I've checked into my options for watching it. I have one crappy DVD player that's had a region hack performed on it, so it plays OK on that. It's just a matter of hooking the thing up to the main TV for viewing.

Meanwhile, the episodes also play fine on the computer using VLC, so that's a second option.

As one would expect, the video is the full widescreen (16:9) ratio and looks pretty good for a DVD. But, alas for me, the episodes are time-sped for the PAL system, giving a bit of a chipmunky sound to some of the voices. But given that this is all we've got, I'll learn to live with it.

The VLC player also has slowdown options, which might help with the PAL speedup.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
That actually works pretty well. I haven't timed it, but the speed seems better to me with either 10 or 20 percent slower, using the fine option.

pghcoyote

Auditioning
Real Name
William Weber
I just bought the DVD set and was not disappointed. I used my computer drive with PowerDVD and DVDFab Passkey (which I already had) to avoid the region-switching. I think the quality is excellent for DVD, and had no speed issues with PAL using PowerDVD. It was worth it for the extra features, and the commentary (which is only on the pilot episode).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks