What's new

Where is "Hill Street Blues" & "St Elsewhere"???!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Personally I given up COMPLETELY on the thought that any more Season Sets will EVER see the light of day on DVD. Hell, I don't even want to think about it!!!!! It is so damned DEPRESSING :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jamey K

Agent
Real Name
Jamey Karr
I've been making a lot noise about Hill Street Blues here lately. :)
FOX's reasoning (NYPD Blue) is just silly so I doubt we'll see HSB or St. Elsewhere anytime soon.
Although, after much deliberation, I have given FOX a way out. Box sets.
Full season Box Sets of Hill Street, St. Elsewhere, and what ever else they have. Make it "Limited time only" or whatever. Just put them out.
Alas, they have not answered me.

Jamey K

Agent
Real Name
Jamey Karr
Dave Scarpa said:
Maybe Price Drops, not sure. I'm enjoying the Heck out of Season 3 that I bought from Itunes, it's where the show really hit it's stride.
I saw full seasons of Hill Street Blues on ebay two or three times and I wish I would have gotten them. They disappeared about two years but someone has them.
I'm NOT endorsing pirating, but if I knew then, that FOX wasn't going to released them all, I would have bought them.
As bad as I want Newhart, I've never buying season by season again. It's all or nothing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jamey K said:
Although, after much deliberation, I have given FOX a way out. Box sets.
Full season Box Sets of Hill Street, St. Elsewhere, and what ever else they have. Make it "Limited time only" or whatever. Just put them out.
Very interesting idea, Jamey. I would be SO in for St. Elsewhere. And like you suggest...make them LEs...and they could watch them fly off the shelves. People are crazy for anything "limited." Which I wouldn't mind...as long as I get MY copy! :D

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
If FOX announced a second season for St. Elsewhere then I would blind buy it in a flash but seeing as they are failing to deliver some of the best TV shows on DVD

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Attention all HSB fans, amazon have listed season 3 HOWEVER it is only to collect email addresses of who wants it so be sure to sign up and show an interest to be notified when it's released!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
70sTVlover said:
Attention all HSB fans, amazon have listed season 3 HOWEVER it is only to collect email addresses of who wants it so be sure to sign up and show an interest to be notified when it's released!
HERE's the link. I signed up.
Too bad they haven't done the same for St. Elsewhere: Season 2. :frowning:

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
70sTVlover said:
Hey cool, it is better than nothing i guess. I don't know if it means anything but i will take any kind of sign i can get at the moment. I went through my list of shows i am waiting for other releases on to see if anything else was to be found. The only other show i saw listed was Hart to Hart: Season 3. So i hope it is a sign that may be coming soon to.

J Hall

Agent
Real Name
John Hall
I've been watching "St. Elsewhere" episodes on Sunday nights on the American Life Channel and putting them on my DVR.

They are currently in the midst of the second season. A few weeks ago, American Life completely skipped an episode. It was Episode #28 titled "Under Pressure". This was the first entry to feature Austin Pendleton as "Mr. Entertainment", a guy who set up a karaoke system in the hospital elevator and sang standards to soothe patients.

I checked my old VHS copy from the TV Land run and was wondering if there could be any music rights issues ala MTM's "WKRP" releases. There was a scene where Pendleton and Ed Begley, Jr. sang "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" and there were snippets from some Cole Porter songs as well, I think. (I'll check it again).

Could the music rights have caused Fox not to issue this episode in syndication (and ultimately DVD release)...or...did someone at American Life just goof?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I hate to break it to you but those Amazon pages don't have any effect on releases. They're just placeholders.
When MTM was still an active division of International Family Entertainment, they allowed the music licenses on all their shows to lapse (with the exception of Newhart, where some music sung by characters [which is all they ever used most of the time, and not often] got by unmolested). When Fox bought IFE they did not bother to re-clear them for ANY media. When New Video released these shows they used the music-replaced versions, including the 4th season episode of St. Elsewhere that shows the origins of the hospital.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"I hate to break it to you but those Amazon pages don't have any effect on releases. They're just placeholders."
i was going to say that but i didnt want to spoil the hopes of anyone.
:P

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Well there is still nothing wrong with getting your hopes up i guess. I must think if anything the Email Addresses taken are tallied and somehow passed on to the studios, so they have an additional source of interest to look at. But who knows, you would think there would be placeholders for everything. Why pick n choose?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
this is so horribly frustrating that only the first season of St Elswhere is on dvd.
i love this show and when i finish it my home theater will be called
The Elsewhere Theater

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Maybe we all will wake up and find out this is all a dream and St. Elsewhere has been completely released on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks