What's new

Where is "Hill Street Blues" & "St Elsewhere"???!!! (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
70sTVlover said:
iTunes have released what looks like the artwork would be for season 3? Check it out it looks pretty good, wish I could see that on DVD though..
Do you think it was the artwork they had really planned for S3 but disgarded it because they havent released it?
I'll have to I have two apple TV's and I'd go this route if that's all that was available. I think this is a niche Apple could sieze onto, DL of shows the studio's have no Interest in releasing, like Cheyenne etc.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yeah, I still remain hanging onto little hope that FOX will release the remaining seasons..

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I may just go this route, I would just encode the disks to my Apple TV in Mpeg4 since H264 takes so long to encode. Buiyng them this way they are already encoded and I'll just back them up to DVD. If Releases it would be on Flippers anyhow.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Hill Street Blues has been climbing amazons ranks lately, gone from the thousands to 281st? Is there a reason for this, does anyone know?? Apart from it being a great show

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
70sTVlover said:
Hill Street Blues has been climbing amazons ranks lately, gone from the thousands to 281st? Is there a reason for this, does anyone know?? Apart from it being a great show
Maybe Price Drops, not sure. I'm enjoying the Heck out of Season 3 that I bought from Itunes, it's where the show really hit it's stride.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Ahhh, I am jealous lol I still have some hope that the remaining seasons will be released, before I jump into iTunes... I'll wait another year or so hahaha

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Sad we still have no word on future releases of both these great shows.
If anyone gets the american life network, i don't. http://www.goodtv.com/
Both shows along with la law will debut on the network June 3rd. Might be time to take advantage and record your own dvds for the time being. If your lucky enough to have the channel anyways.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Aryn Leroux said:
Sad we still have no word on future releases of both these great shows.
If anyone gets the american life network, i don't. http://www.goodtv.com/
Both shows along with la law will debut on the network June 3rd. Might be time to take advantage and record your own dvds for the time being. If your lucky enough to have the channel anyways.
I wish a Sat or Cable provider would carry that they have some good shows

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
That's GREAT news - I have that channel and enjoy watching some of the old shows on there.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
when TV Land aired St. Elsewhere(from 4-5AM) quite a few years ago, I taped almost the entire run, just missing a handful of episodes. I still have all the tapes, but I just can't rewatch them with all the commercials and cuts. I have a strong feeling we will see season 2 on dvd someday, just don't know when. Like may people out there, St. Elsewhere is one of my favorite tv shows of all time, and shows like that aren't just forgotten.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I already have most of the show uncut from Maryland Public TV and NBC airings, and they have the original music. Still wish I could get it in DVD quality.
Now exactly how much promotion did Fox do for this set?

Elena S

Supporting Actor
MatthewA said:
Now exactly how much promotion did Fox do for this set?
Zero, that I know of. I only found out about it on this forum. It's as if companies are embarrassed to publicize the releases of their older shows. They should be more ashamed of not getting the word out. They shoot themselves in the foot by keeping mum.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, my wife and I took our sweet time...knowing that we weren't in any rush...and we have just finished St. Elsewhere: Season 1.
Absolutely fantastic. Please consider the release of Season 2.
The character of Petey Morrison was born in the last episode of Season 1. Dr. Westphall makes a toast in his honor and declares him "Harvard Medical, Class of 2008!"
That would make for a nice promotional tie-in! :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
greta idea.
any reason works for me, for my favorite tv show.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
70sTVlover said:
One can only hope that 2008 will bring more Hill Street Blues... on DVD!
That sure would be nice, and more st. elsewhere along with it! There should be a law passed that demands all seasons of shows of this calibur see full releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks