What's new

Where Eagles Dare!!! WHEN??? MGM!! (1 Viewer)

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
When are they going to release WHERE EAGLES DARE, one of the best war movies of all time!!! I love this movie, and I need it, any possible info on this, and Of course Widescreen, I had it on LaserDisc some years back, bough it back in 95 for 70$, but I no longer have it, What Gives!!!!! WHere is IT!!

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
actually, i remember about a year ago DVDfile requested viewers to suggest some titles to ask about to studios at some video convention. I requested this title and they reported Warner had this on the way for (i think) 2003. I too would love a WS version of this film, as well as Lee Marvin's Point Blank.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I saw a behind the scenes film made at the time of filming on Turner Classic Movies the other day. I checked their schedule to see if they are showing Where Eagles Dare any time soon, but it doesn't seem that they are. :frowning:
Neil

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I had it on LaserDisc some years back, bough it back in 95 for 70$, but I no longer have it, What Gives!!!!! WHere is IT!!
You tell us...what did you do with it?
;)
Seriously though...as super as it would be to have a DVD...why would you get rid of the LD *before* you have a DVD to replace it???

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
The sound and picture on that disc both left a little something to be desired. It would certainly be fantastic to have that film on DVD.

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
I returned the player and LD to the specialty store, that i bought it at, when the DVD came out in April of 97, hey had an offer i could not refuse, They gave me credit for everything, I had a Pioneer LD, along with 10 LD's, nothing special because they were expesive!!!! SO i bought Pioneer DV505 and got Fugitive, Lethal Weapon, Twister, GLimmer Man and GOldeneye!!! It was great, Since than I replaced all these movies for betterversions, ex. FUGITIVE SE. and ETC. I still have the glimmer man.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I have the laser of this film but it's annoying to watch as there is a white line going across on top of the screen whenever there is an edit in the film. I would gladly trade in my laser for a bare bones DVD at the very least.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Actress Ingrid Pitt who played "Heidi", sells through her website, Pitt of Horror, a VHS called The Pitt Tape which features her screen test and other rarely seen gems from the motion picture.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Sadly my Laser Disc of this film just stopped working for no obvious reason. Damn I want that DVD right now. OOPs did not realize I was thinking aloud, did not mean to be swearing in public. :)
Sanjay

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Actress Ingrid Pitt who played "Heidi", sells through her website, Pitt of Horror, a VHS called The Pitt Tape which features her screen test and other rarely seen gems from the motion picture.
Oh, yeah. The tape costs $49, and there's a listbox that lets you choose between PAL and VHS! How reassuring
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
If I remember correctly, the LD was converted from a PAL transfer. I seem to recall a lot of aliasing from the PAL downconversion. It's possible that I could be getting this mixed up another Eastwood title.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks