What's new

Where do I go to discuss Blu-ray (not 3D) box set releases? (1 Viewer)

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Based on the fact that there is only a review section for Blu-rays, I decided this was the most logical place to find an answer to my question. My apology if that is not the case. The Star Wars Blu-ray box sets are coming out next week. My question is, what does the Complete Saga box set have that the other two (I, II, III and IV, V, VI) do not have? The most obvious answer would be they don't have its cool box, but are there any other "must haves" in the Complete Saga that anyone other than the most rabid Star Wars fans would want? The reason I am asking this is I can purchase the two trilogies for 10.00 less than the Complete Saga.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The saga set has 9 discs (6 for the movies and 3 discs of bonus features) so you'll miss out on all of the special features except for the commentaries that are on the movie discs. I don't know how much you're paying for the trilogy sets but Target will have the saga set for $80.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
dpippel said:
The logical place to discuss Blu-ray releases would be, um, the Blu-ray Forum?

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/f/66/blu-ray

This is the parent forum of the 3D Blu-ray and Official HTF Blu-ray Review forums.
If you go to that section, you find one board for regular Blu-ray "reviews". It is not a discussion board. The other discussion board there is for 3-D Blu-ray.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
TravisR said:
The saga set has 9 discs (6 for the movies and 3 discs of bonus features) so you'll miss out on all of the special features except for the commentaries that are on the movie discs. I don't know how much you're paying for the trilogy sets but Target will have the saga set for $80.
I was looking at what Amazon is charging. The two trilogies are 39.99 each. Their price on the Complete Saga set is 89.99.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by keithling

If you go to that section, you find one board for regular Blu-ray "reviews". It is not a discussion board. The other discussion board there is for 3-D Blu-ray.

Go to the URL in my last post and simply SCROLL DOWN. THAT IS the general Blu-ray discussion forum. Trust me. Links for the two sub-forums are simply provided at the TOP of the page.

You're only missing, oh, 153,000+ posts or so.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately, I assumed that each discussion board would have a link WITHIN the Blu-ray discussion board. Now I know not to assume that.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You're welcome. Sometimes it just takes a second pair of eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks