Where do I go to discuss Blu-ray (not 3D) box set releases?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by keithling, Sep 9, 2011.

1. keithling

keithling Stunt Coordinator

Based on the fact that there is only a review section for Blu-rays, I decided this was the most logical place to find an answer to my question. My apology if that is not the case. The Star Wars Blu-ray box sets are coming out next week. My question is, what does the Complete Saga box set have that the other two (I, II, III and IV, V, VI) do not have? The most obvious answer would be they don't have its cool box, but are there any other "must haves" in the Complete Saga that anyone other than the most rabid Star Wars fans would want? The reason I am asking this is I can purchase the two trilogies for 10.00 less than the Complete Saga.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The saga set has 9 discs (6 for the movies and 3 discs of bonus features) so you'll miss out on all of the special features except for the commentaries that are on the movie discs. I don't know how much you're paying for the trilogy sets but Target will have the saga set for $80.

3. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
  4. keithling

If you go to that section, you find one board for regular Blu-ray "reviews". It is not a discussion board. The other discussion board there is for 3-D Blu-ray.

5. keithling

I was looking at what Amazon is charging. The two trilogies are 39.99 each. Their price on the Complete Saga set is 89.99.

6. dpippel

Supporter

Doug

Go to the URL in my last post and simply SCROLL DOWN. THAT IS the general Blu-ray discussion forum. Trust me. Links for the two sub-forums are simply provided at the TOP of the page.

You're only missing, oh, 153,000+ posts or so.

7. keithling

Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately, I assumed that each discussion board would have a link WITHIN the Blu-ray discussion board. Now I know not to assume that.

8. dpippel

Supporter

Doug
    You're welcome. Sometimes it just takes a second pair of eyes.