What's new

Where can I purchase a code-free (region 0) Denon 1600? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I'm certain that none are made by Denon without regional restrictions for whatever market/country. It would require after purchase modification. I don't know if the 1600 is even "modifiable" (is that a word?) But if they are, I'm also sure that they would not have the Denon warranty.

You might buy a few A/V magazines published in the UK and look for modification info. UK users were (and maybe still are) the modification leaders. (They wanted Reg. 1 because Reg. 2 had such bad hatchet jobs on many DVDs.)

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator
Darren,
I am very interested in this as well. But i am also hoping for a pal-ntsc converting. I would think that the denon would be available, because the elites are sold at HKFLiX.com as all region, but not pal-ntsc converting. When i asked my guy Jeff over there about it he said that their "chips" dont allow for the conversion... i dont know much about the construction of a standard dvd plauyer, but maybe he was reffering to the Silicon Image or Farouja(sp?) chip, which is possible, becasue the lower pioneer player that they offer below the 656 can convert pal. anyway, i also put a thread up on the regional board regarding high-end players and was told that there is a Denon that is similar to the 900 that we have here, but avil;able in Japan that converts and reads all regions. This is of course wuite a jump in price from the 1600, especially now that it is out of production in the states--- but is does show that the denon's are "modifiable", or may even be produced for other countries with the mods in place.

On the denon just mentioned:
most Denon players can be easily set to Region-Free by firmware change, though they still won't do any PAL-NTSC coversion. The procedure is basically to burn a CD-R and insert it into the player + a sequence of keystrikes on the remote control.
I am also going to include a link below which refferences a MOMITSU player that has a DVI out and converts PAL-NTSC and plays all-regions. it sells for $300, but i am notfamiliar with the site selling, nmor the company.

Import Player with DVI + High End Players, Any?

Off the Denon topic, and regarding dealers of inport players, i would always suggest HKFLiX.com. Not just for discs, as i have found them to be most reliable in price and selection, not to mention quick ships --- Their hardware selection isnt too vast, but they do have the Pioneers as i mentioned earlier, and i havent crossed another place that did... they even a Panasonic LV95 that plays all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks