Where can I purchase a code-free (region 0) Denon 1600?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Darren Gross, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

Looking for a legit, reliable dealer, international if necessary. Thanks!

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

I'm certain that none are made by Denon without regional restrictions for whatever market/country. It would require after purchase modification. I don't know if the 1600 is even "modifiable" (is that a word?) But if they are, I'm also sure that they would not have the Denon warranty.

You might buy a few A/V magazines published in the UK and look for modification info. UK users were (and maybe still are) the modification leaders. (They wanted Reg. 1 because Reg. 2 had such bad hatchet jobs on many DVDs.)

3. Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett Stunt Coordinator

Darren,
    I am very interested in this as well. But i am also hoping for a pal-ntsc converting. I would think that the denon would be available, because the elites are sold at HKFLiX.com as all region, but not pal-ntsc converting. When i asked my guy Jeff over there about it he said that their "chips" dont allow for the conversion... i dont know much about the construction of a standard dvd plauyer, but maybe he was reffering to the Silicon Image or Farouja(sp?) chip, which is possible, becasue the lower pioneer player that they offer below the 656 can convert pal. anyway, i also put a thread up on the regional board regarding high-end players and was told that there is a Denon that is similar to the 900 that we have here, but avil;able in Japan that converts and reads all regions. This is of course wuite a jump in price from the 1600, especially now that it is out of production in the states--- but is does show that the denon's are "modifiable", or may even be produced for other countries with the mods in place.

On the denon just mentioned: