What's new

Where can I find Paradigm Mini MK3 speakers? (1 Viewer)

Tony Murillo

Auditioning
Hi all, new to this forum.
I have Paradigm 9Se MK3 fronts, Paradigm CC-300 Center and Paradigm Mini MK3 surrounds, JBL PSW1000 sub.
Now I'm looking for one, or a pair if necessary, Mini MK3 to jump into 6.1.
Anyone have a line where I could find this older series of Mini's?
Any help, greatly appreciated.
Tony :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Used is the only place you will find them, and that may still not be that simple. I haven't seen any on Audiogon recently, so you might check E-bay.

There should be no reason why you can't just go with current Minis, as they shoudld still be very close, timbre wise. You might also want to look around for some Version 2s (V2) used or on clearance now that the V3s are available.

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, the MiniMk3s are quite different from the current MiniMonitors. THis is largely because they moved from a silk dome tweeter in the MiniMk3 to a titanium one in the MiniMonitor series.

I agree with John that audiogon and e-bay are good options. You should also check local small audio shops to see if they have any used ones sitting around.

I actually have a pair of them that currently are used on a digital paino. I didn't have plans to sell them, but if you don't find any drop me a note.

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of Mini-Mk3 speakers and a CC-300 which I will be using for my HT in my basement which I am in the process of finishing.

I'll probably purchase some Titans for my surrounds, but I would love to have another pair of Mini-Mk3s to match.

Let me know if you find an extra pair.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I didn't realize the Mk3 had a silk tweeter. I am pretty sure I auditioned some used ones a few years ago, but ended up with a great deal on V1 Titans ($80/pr!), so I went with those instead.

Tony Murillo

Auditioning
I checked Audiogon, E-bay (constantly) and the classifieds at Audioreview. Nada.

I personally liked the silk tweeter of the Mini's over the metal alternatives, so I'm partial to keepin' it consistent.

Brad, If I can't find anything within the next couple of months I'll definitely drop you a line. And I'll give Brent a heads-up if I find anymore.

Time to go haunt the stereo shops and pawn shops.

Thanks for the leads.

Real Name
Jeremy
Hi Tony (or anyone else who is interested),
I know this thread is really old, but I have a pair of Mini mkIIIs in perfect condition that I'd like to sell. I bought them back in college and have taken very good care of them. They've served me well, but it's time for me to sell them and upgrade to floor standing speakers. These are perfect to round out a surround system or really any home theater setup. I always used them alone as front L and R speakers for music only and they have rocked! I'm willing to give them away at a reaonae price. Is anyone interested before I put them up on eBay? I'm in the Bay Area and ideally someone could come pick them up. Or I'd be willing to deliver them within the greater SF area for a small fee just to cover gas and mileage. Let me know if you want a crack at these classics!

Jeremy
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks