What's new

Where can I find blank CD inserts? (1 Viewer)

Wade K

Second Unit
Been looking all over the place for somewhere that sells blank (preferrably just lines printed) inserts for the front part of CD cases. Found kits for printing them up that were about $15 for just 20(!) front and back inserts. There's gotta be somewhere that sells these in bulk for the CD-R jewel cases that don't come with them. Anybody want to clue me in?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I just print mine on normal photo paper and have photoshop print "guidelines" (or something like that)
then you pull out the trusty exacto knife and ruler and voilà instant CD insert.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Do either of you have Microsoft Word 97 or higher?
I have a template that came from the DAT heads mailing list a few years ago that will produce an insert and inlay card for jewel cases. Of course using hi quality paper helps the result very well.
If 'yall will give me your email addresses, I'll send them to you.
[email protected]
------------------
We are the citizens of the United States of America. Resistance is futile. We CANNOT be stopped so don't bother trying.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I do all mine on Publisher. I have some guideline templates made up for front and back inserts, onto which I apply the graphics, text, whatever.
The problem I found with the pre-cut inserts (from TDK or Neato for example) is that the paper itself isn't that great. By using your own templates you choose the paper and also get rid of any line-up problems because you're cutting it yourself.
I've found the best paper is Epson's Premium Glossy Photo, which is a heavy 255gsm. I used to use 215gsm TDK, but the Epson beats it hands-down in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks